HELP, AC not working

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
hi, i tried to turn my AC on yestarday night cause it was raining and it didn`t work, is there a fuse for the AC because i couldn`t find it, the only thing i did to my car was putting a h4 yellow head lights and i noticed my fog lights turn off when i put the high beam, is it normal? Thanks

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I never knew this about the fogs.

My advise for the A/C is to do what I do..........Roll the windows down! It's 94degrees with 90%+ humidity here, so you should be able to handle it where you are.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Check fuse, if it is all good, you might have a leek some where, and there is not enough pressure in the system to so the high pressure switch is not connecting. I think there is a "repair a/c at home" or something like that in the FAQ's. Also is the clutch engaging for the A/C compressor? Also check to make sure the wire for the clutch is connected. It is a bitch to get to but it is a single wire with a plug behind the battery.

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
ok, i checked the conector and it is pluged in, my AC clutch is working and there is charge in the system, but i checked for codes and when i press the AC switch there is no code 51, where should i look then? one more thing, i remember when i had the ac on, it usualy of sudden stoped blowing cold air in the cabin, i had to lower the tempeture to make it work again, could this be related? Thanks

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Don't feel bad. There's a huge amount of slow people from the US and at times I think every one of them must be a MKIII owner. If you don't buy into that just look at who's running the country. They don't come much slower and that he got the job twice is even more evidence.

No, not the button. If the clutch is spinning the compressor like you said and the system isn't blowing cold in the car it's either not getting cold (refrigeration problem) or it is getting cold but the air mix control damper is stuck over on the hot side allowing air to pass through the heater core.

Turn on the AC and run the engine to 1500 rpm. Look at the sight glass in the receiver/dryer for bubbles. Also feel the suction line to see if it's cold. That'll be the bigger of tho two coming out of the firewall. Course, putting a set of gages on the system would be the best thing.

If there's no bubbles and the suction line is cold check the air mix damper servo under the dash. Run the temp up and down and see if the linkage is moving. But first verify the compressor clutch is really working.