hello from the aloha state.

bigb

May 17, 2008
Hawaii
hello everyone. my name is brian from honolulu,hawaii. was told about this site by my friend upgraded supra and decided to check it out:icon_bigg

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I was there last month saw One MK4 in Maui nothing on the big island everything is rusted out if its that old. The salt and sun kill the paint jobs there alot of cars rolling with black hoods!

bigb

May 17, 2008
Hawaii
Suprarook;1025369 said:
Welcome to the site. I gotta ask, Hawaii (Not being THAT big) is there alot of Supras there? ...Curious
-frank

actually for a small island we do have quite abit of them. and a friend of mine actually started a club here in the islands a few years ago.

www.808supraclub.com/

bigb

May 17, 2008
Hawaii
lintlars;1025372 said:
I was there last month saw One MK4 in Maui nothing on the big island everything is rusted out if its that old. The salt and sun kill the paint jobs there alot of cars rolling with black hoods!

i have a few friends in maui that have mkivs and mkiiis but i don't know any supra owners on the big island.

and you're right. the sun, salt and volcanic based acid rain really take there toll on our cars here. but with better car care products, advancement in car cover fabrics and garages there are still alot of beautiful toyotas here in our islands:icon_bigg

bigb

May 17, 2008
Hawaii
drift40;1025591 said:
welcome. got any pix and how to you maintain your car with those elaments against you

here is a few pics of my mkiv.

p1025801_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1025801_2.jpg

bigb

May 17, 2008
Hawaii
drift40;1025591 said:
welcome. got any pix and how to you maintain your car with those elaments against you

on maintaining....... i usually wash my car a couple times a week. i clay bar and polish my car every weekend. i use the fine grade detail magic claybar and a commercial liquid wax supplied by my friend who is a professional detailer. and every 3-4 months i ask that friend to help me go over the car's finish to catch and fix any imperfections that i have missed. and lastly, due to the harsh sun and constant wind i always use a car cover where ever and whenever i park my car.

bigb

May 17, 2008
Hawaii
gtsfirefighter;1025626 said:
Hello from the Lone Star State.:wavey:

hello to you too:icon_bigg

definitely a place i want to visit, as its the home state of one of my favorite supra gods:bowdown:. (Dusty Womack of MVP Motorsports)

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
bigb;1025814 said:
on maintaining....... i usually wash my car a couple times a week. i clay bar and polish my car every weekend. i use the fine grade detail magic claybar and a commercial liquid wax supplied by my friend who is a professional detailer. and every 3-4 months i ask that friend to help me go over the car's finish to catch and fix any imperfections that i have missed. and lastly, due to the harsh sun and constant wind i always use a car cover where ever and whenever i park my car.

Make sure you don't take the care clear coat off car :sarcasm:

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
bigb;1025844 said:
i wish i had a clear coat to remove:icon_frow

Regardless must be great to cruise down Waikiki with the top off. I havent been there so long i just know i love. There is an endless supply of my favorite snack/food. RAMEN! and of course the never ending chain of ABC and 7 Eleven

808mkiiisupra

Apr 1, 2005
The HOme OF the Grass Shacks
JDMMA70;1025859 said:
Regardless must be great to cruise down Waikiki with the top off. I havent been there so long i just know i love. There is an endless supply of my favorite snack/food. RAMEN! and of course the never ending chain of ABC and 7 Eleven

haha most of us out here dont cruise waiks....that is COP city!!!

drift40

Banned
May 1, 2008
IN
bigb;1025814 said:

Those pix are nice and the maintance seems to be alot of work but i guess that is what you have to do. Kudos.:bigthumb: