Hello all!

BTNH-LC

Chambered Edge Firearms
May 22, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Ok, first off my name is Anthony and I own an MKIII Supra. Now that I've got that off my chest, I'm new to the Supra scene, but not to cars. I've worked on cars since I was about 7 and really got into it when I was 16. I'm now employed as a professional Auto Tech and I have a degree in the field. I work on everything from Chevys and Fords to BMWs and Mercedes.
My last project before buying my first Supra (I have wanted one for a long time) was a 1987 RX7 Turbo II for my brother. It's in its third incarnation and soon to be running again. He's got about 15 grand into it and we expect it to run about 400whp on the stock ecu and tune, and closer to 550whp after the stand alone ecu.
I bought my Supra in a semi restored state with the only mod being a stage 3 clutch. I've only owned it since new years day but since then I've added an HKS down pipe, TMS test pipe, CXRacing turbo elbow, HKS turbo timer, Mookeeh hardpipe with HKS SSQV, and Mishimoto dual electric cooling fans. As more money comes, so will the parts.
So being that I'm new to Supra mods, hit me up with any suggestions on the first mods I should do. Also, if anyone has a Non-Supra related car problem (plenty of info already available on this site) pm me and I'll give you my thoughts. See you around.

BTNH-LC

Chambered Edge Firearms
May 22, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Thanks guys. My power goals are around 500whp but I want to keep it street legal. But here in Las Cruces, we don't have emissions checks so it's easier.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Goodluck with the build. You're going to want to probably go straight to fuel upgrades, engine management and a T4 turbo if you want to do it the most cost effective ways. There are other options in between..it depends if you want to do it in stages, or save some money and go right for the big build. 500 is on the edge of a stock motor, so you might want to think about internals first (that is...if you stick with the 7m) ...goodluck and have fun with the research and work.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Its funny because nobody has mentioned maintenance first. I only say it because you didnt mention in your original post. First things first, start with making sure all things are up to snuff before you start adding performance parts. If you look around on the forum, there are many threads about broken 7Ms and the majority are because somebody took a 20 year GT car and tried to make it a race car. These cars can be very fun and reliable if you maintain them. So that would be my suggestion. Has the headgasket been replaced or at least retorqued? If not, youre gonna be very frustrated when it blows and you find yourself in a dilemma of whether to just change the headgasket or rebuild the motor or whatever. Dont take my post as offensive because its definitely not intended to be that way, I just want to see another reliable Supra on the road for the next 10 years or so. Looks like you got a nice one and so take care of it man.

Good luck and welcome to Supramania!!!
Brandon

BTNH-LC

Chambered Edge Firearms
May 22, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
2543arvin;1716448 said:
Its funny because nobody has mentioned maintenance first. I only say it because you didnt mention in your original post. First things first, start with making sure all things are up to snuff before you start adding performance parts. If you look around on the forum, there are many threads about broken 7Ms and the majority are because somebody took a 20 year GT car and tried to make it a race car. These cars can be very fun and reliable if you maintain them. So that would be my suggestion. Has the headgasket been replaced or at least retorqued? If not, youre gonna be very frustrated when it blows and you find yourself in a dilemma of whether to just change the headgasket or rebuild the motor or whatever. Dont take my post as offensive because its definitely not intended to be that way, I just want to see another reliable Supra on the road for the next 10 years or so. Looks like you got a nice one and so take care of it man.

Good luck and welcome to Supramania!!!
Brandon

That's the best advice I've heard since I joined. It has a fully rebuilt engine, new crank, head, and gaskets torqued to the right specs. Also freshly rebuilt turbo. I bought the car with only 1600 miles on the rebuild and now it's got about 7000 on it.

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
Welcome! Now browse those parts for sale threads and get some trim. :p

Also thought about doing the +89 tail lights swap or 3 piece wing?

BTNH-LC

Chambered Edge Firearms
May 22, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
SupraCorwin;1716770 said:
Welcome! Now browse those parts for sale threads and get some trim. :p

Also thought about doing the +89 tail lights swap or 3 piece wing?

Those are old pics. I've got the missing trim and I'm in the middle of working out a deal for the +89 tail lights. Haven't really thought about the 3 piece wing though.
BTW I like your avatar, it's original.