heater core

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
damm, soo i guess Step #1 : take 3 valium , step #2 : remove dash !!

do u realy have to pull out the drivers seat ??? couse if soo ima pull both n just get new seats !!!!!!

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
shaeff said:
heh, you HAVE to take out the entire dash. :( there's no way to do it with the dashboard in the car. i've attached a pic of my car 3 weeks ago, when i did the heater core.

YOU will NOT remove the A/C evaporator box. you should just loosen it. i removed mine because i took out my A/C. (and put the actual box part back in to use as a heating duct.

the small box with the two pipes i drew is the heater core. see attached pic.

(by the way, my car has a full interior again, nice gray cloth. :))

-shaeff

looks like im in for som fun huh !!!!!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Chucky: I haven't had to remove the seats!

Step 3: Get a good supply of bandages for when you decide to slash your wrists! ;)

Bag all the screws as you remove em it's not that hard just a pain in the ass for something as stupid as a heater!

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
IJ. said:
Chucky: I haven't had to remove the seats!

Step 3: Get a good supply of bandages for when you decide to slash your wrists! ;)

Bag all the screws as you remove em it's not that hard just a pain in the ass for something as stupid as a heater!

i kno what u mean wth them dam screws IJ , im not gettin the heater core till next week soo i have all this week after school to work on takin out the dash & tring to remember where everything goes :3d_frown:

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
got that , i should'nt have to mess wth the steering to much other then mabie taking the wheel off

i might not have to take off the wheel but it would be even more of a pain in the ass pullin out the dash wth seats & wheel in the way but it should'nt be too hard to figure out a way to get around them

Last edited:

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
MKIIIChucky said:
got that , i should'nt have to mess wth the steering to much other then mabie taking the wheel off

i might not have to take off the wheel but it would be even more of a pain in the ass pullin out the dash wth seats & wheel in the way but it should'nt be too hard to figure out a way to get around them

I have the entire step by step process saved on my PC from the SOGI
if you would like it. I will email it to you if you want.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, no. dont remove the seats. i just happened to put in my new heater core when i was replacing my entire interior.

here's a helpful hint, as well. in order to successfully get the dash out without breaking it or scratching the hell out of everything else in sight, DONT REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL. simply look under it, where it bolts into the dash. you'll see TWO nuts up there (haha) pull them off, and let the entire steering column drop down onto the driver's seat. that gives you PLENTY of room to remove the dash. :)

-shaeff