Head gasket alignment issues?

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
So I finally get to the stage where I can drop my new OEM toyota gasket onto the block and start putting things back together. FUCK...the intake side water jacket holes on the gasket don't line up with the water jacket holes in the block. (pics attached) WTF NOW? Did I get the wrong gasket? Are they all like this? Suggestions? Comments? Rants?

part number 11115-40201

Attachments

• P_00017.JPG
    P_00017.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 34
  • P_00018.JPG
    P_00018.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 34
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Now if anyone could explain why in their inimitable wisdom they added extra useless holes in the gasket making it even more prone to distort and blow then we could all sleep really well. :)

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
:D I hate doing head jobs. I wish I could just receive one from someone else. Preferably Ian. :yelrotflm

Started raining, no progress today. Tomm I have a doc's appt at 8am, so the rest of the day will be devoted to giving "Candy" a Head Job.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Yeah well...I don't think any person on SM who knows you would mind getting a Head Job from you. I mean hey, we get to kick back, drink a beer or 4, and watch you do all the work!! lol Best part is, you accept credit cards.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Hey brotha...chocolate shake and a McChicken is pretty cheap to me ;)

One more question for you oh god of answers: Spray sealant or not? Head and block are both smooth as glass, no warping, and as I said before, OEM toyota gasket with ARP studs.

CLIFFS: Ian is cheap ($3-4 range), Spray sealant or none?