has anyone ???

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
soi found this looking around online and was wondering if this is true or not

Originally Posted by dcrusupra
The harness on the 1JZ should hook right up to the interior harness. The only problem is that you'll have to lengthen the harness by about 18".

this part??? ->

thats the old method, people nowadays drill a hole near the throttle cable and run the harness through there and its fits right behind the glove box in the stock location but just flip the ecu, cleaner looking engine bay too

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I've done several swaps using that method, and I believe Driftmotion uses that method as well. It sure beats extending all those wires, with this method you have to extend somewhere from 18 - 35 wires depending on options.

Also, as far as that first quote, one of the body connectors under the dash is mostly plug and go(if you have a 90+ car) but you will have to redo the rest.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
JonoTurbo;1443244 said:
I've done several swaps using that method, and I believe Driftmotion uses that method as well. It sure beats extending all those wires, with this method you have to extend somewhere from 18 - 35 wires depending on options.

Also, as far as that first quote, one of the body connectors under the dash is mostly plug and go(if you have a 90+ car) but you will have to redo the rest.

i have an 89 also i have one more question as for doing the powersteering lines i can just use themkv supra correct thank you guys for all your help i have some parts left ove from the front clip and some stuff from the 7mge i pulled if you need something let me know

Last edited:

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
karlmk3;1443365 said:
i have an 89 also i have one more question as for doing the powersteering lines i can just use themkv supra correct thank you guys for all your help i have some parts left ove from the front clip and some stuff from the 7mge i pulled if you need something let me know

I've never heard of using the mk4 lines, so I can't say if they work or not. I can tell you that the cheapest option is a pressure line from a 94 Nissan Maxima. It costs about $30, and works great.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
JonoTurbo;1443513 said:
I've never heard of using the mk4 lines, so I can't say if they work or not. I can tell you that the cheapest option is a pressure line from a 94 Nissan Maxima. It costs about $30, and works great.

sweet thanks so much

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
u can use the mkiv high pressure hose or go to driftmotion and buy a stainless steel braided one from aaron. either way works great.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
karlmk3;1443621 said:
singal or duel over head cam for the pressure lines on the 94 Nissan maxiym

The dohc hose has been confirmed to work, I believe the sohc hose should work as well. They are very similar, I think they might just be different lengths.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
JonoTurbo;1444195 said:
The dohc hose has been confirmed to work, I believe the sohc hose should work as well. They are very similar, I think they might just be different lengths.

ya when i went to the parts store all she would say is the price shes all i dont know the diff when i sked to see the 2 shes all well just pick one see if it fits and then if notbring it back so ya she wasnt very plesent

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I can vouch for what Jonoturbo says, we did it on my car (he did most of the work) and it came out great and looks super clean without the harness in the engine bay.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
sick i wish i could get this done i cant even ge the moter to line up on the moter mounts. then i still have to figure out where to drill the hole can soe one post a pic please