has anyone installed nitrous on a 7mge

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
lmao wtf man.that was what i was gona ask i just bought a 10lb bottle its a 50 shot wet kit for 180 cash,brand is nitrous express the kit was basicly new.think i got a good deal?im installing it so i can finally take down this annoying boosted crx and i have a grudge with this cobalt ss.

i dont mind bieng beaten at all as long as the car is nice.i just hate getting beaten by ugly cars.lol.

supradragontoy

May 1, 2009
Central Point, OR
I'm going to install a 10lb wet kit with the injectors installed under my intake manifold with black painted lines. You won't even know it's there. I thought about using that plate on top of the manifold, but I don't want the injectors interfering with the butterfly valve.
BeachSupra, that's a heeluva deal!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
beachsupra;1315357 said:
im installing it so i can finally take down this annoying boosted crx and i have a grudge with this cobalt ss.

Your going to need more than nitrous if you want to beat them, at least that is if you want to do it more than once ;)

Shit we have a boosted old school civic running around cloud, and he is very low 12's, & dosent have much $$$ in it. Also the cobalt runs low 14's IIRC.

lsaint07

Apr 21, 2009
Atlanta, GA
i dont mind bieng beaten at all as long as the car is nice.i just hate getting beaten by ugly cars.lol.[/QUOTE]

thats too funny..lol

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
you'll need more than just nitrous if you want beat the guys, and if you want the car to run properly. you'll need some sort of fuel management at the bare minimum to make sure you don't lean out and detonate (and possibly/most likely blow your engine).

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
92nsx;1316150 said:
Your going to need more than nitrous if you want to beat them, at least that is if you want to do it more than once ;)

Shit we have a boosted old school civic running around cloud, and he is very low 12's, & dosent have much $$$ in it. Also the cobalt runs low 14's IIRC.

the crx only beats me by like 2 cars in the quarter mile.

the cobalt i just hate em soooo much.if i had to choose one car i hate the most it would be the cobalt.the 50 shot will let me beat the crx for sure. the cobalt......will end up beating me by 5 cars instead of the regular 7 or 8.

btw a stock 7m can hold to a 75 shot with absolutley no problems.i know a guy with a bone stock 7m sprayn a 150 shot and my friend has a 7mgte with the factory hg spraying 75 shot all day.

i was told by everyone that i know that a 50 shot will not harm my motor in any way.

i just changed my sparkplugs,sp wires,and fuel filter.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Whatever dude, do what you want. Every engine isn't the same though, different miles and wear patterns. If your shit blows, don't complain about it

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
Moy;1316284 said:
Whatever dude, do what you want. Every engine isn't the same though, different miles and wear patterns. If your shit blows, don't complain about it

i have a friend working at lexus dealership as a mechanic,a dynoshop owner and like 5 people with boosted cars telling me a 50 shot wont harm anything.take your bs mentality out of here.

the FIRST motor i have ever stripped down to the block and put back together was a corvette........and im 17.i have a gte getting decked for a mhg in like 2 days......

JUST DONT POST IF U HAVE NOTHING USEFULL TO SAY.

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
beachsupra;1316495 said:
i have a friend working at lexus dealership as a mechanic,a dynoshop owner and like 5 people with boosted cars telling me a 50 shot wont harm anything.take your bs mentality out of here.

the FIRST motor i have ever stripped down to the block and put back together was a corvette........and im 17.i have a gte getting decked for a mhg in like 2 days......

JUST DONT POST IF U HAVE NOTHING USEFULL TO SAY.

Last I checked, Lexus never used a 7M....so I wouldn't necessarily trust a Lexus tech. Of the 7 or so people you referenced, how many know anything about a 7M? 7Ms are their own breed of monster, and i would *never* take one to your average joe mechanic.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
beachsupra;1316495 said:
the FIRST motor i have ever stripped down to the block and put back together was a corvette.......
Corvette motor=standard chevy v-8(especially the sweet ~160hp small blocks of the 70's 'vettes)rather simple motors,and nowhere near as tight of tolerances as the 7M,1JZ,or 2jz.Not really much to brag about kid.

slowpra na-t

Permanently Banned
Oct 16, 2008
murrieta ca
i just t'ed into the pressure line going to the fuel rail....

beachsupra;1316199 said:
the crx only beats me by like 2 cars in the quarter mile.

the cobalt i just hate em soooo much.if i had to choose one car i hate the most it would be the cobalt.the 50 shot will let me beat the crx for sure. the cobalt......will end up beating me by 5 cars instead of the regular 7 or 8.

hahahahah.. i had a 75 shot on my stock 7mgte at 12psi that motor only made it like 3 passes, so i guess they cant run a 75 shot all day!

just build a 7mgte like i did and smoke the COBALT all day long!

the GE blows up fast on nitrous if it got the stock bottom end.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
pogoism9;1317570 said:
Last I checked, Lexus never used a 7M....so I wouldn't necessarily trust a Lexus tech. Of the 7 or so people you referenced, how many know anything about a 7M? 7Ms are their own breed of monster, and i would *never* take one to your average joe mechanic.

the lexus tech told me i have the same motor as the is300 the first time i talked to him.i guess he thought since i owned a *supra it has a 2j hahaha i wish he was right .but he wasnt.

im taking my motor to be decked at one of the best machine shops in the area to my knowlege.

ive never taken my car to a mechanic other than myself and ihave changed like 30 things on my car its basicly a new motor with the exception of the internals.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
wow man... just get a 3" TBE 550's and a lex afm, then you'll tool all over that pos civic and slowbalt...

damn people wasting time w/ nitrous.... bottles are for babies, real men get blown.

Apr 13, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
beachsupra;1318469 said:
ive never taken my car to a mechanic other than myself and ihave changed like 30 things on my car its basicly a new motor with the exception of the internals.

That could be your weakness though.. the internals. I almost bought a kit back in the day before Everything fell apart. If I were to do nitrous I'd change the internals and get some fuel management system. Do it right cause you may be ok for awhile and then bam.. it's over. Can't beat that cobalt if it's not running. Where in florida are you from?

tonto nguyen

Mar 19, 2009
new iberia louisiana
beachsupra;1315357 said:
lmao wtf man.that was what i was gona ask i just bought a 10lb bottle its a 50 shot wet kit for 180 cash,brand is nitrous express the kit was basicly new.think i got a good deal?im installing it so i can finally take down this annoying boosted crx and i have a grudge with this cobalt ss.

i dont mind bieng beaten at all as long as the car is nice.i just hate getting beaten by ugly cars.lol.

hey if you didnt get the fuel line for the nitrous yet its the banjo bolt on the fuel line u drill and tap it it cuts into the main fuel line srry so late and thats a good deal youll like the 50 shot lol

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
this thread is so full of fail it's not even funny!! The n/a internals are the same as the gte internals!! Just higher compression! A 50 shot will blow a motor just as fast as a 300 shot so stfu with your street math! That wicked 50 shot will possibly net you 200hp to the rear wheels for the 12 seconds it last till it blows your headgasket a new asshole and torches a hole in a piston....

*edit* on a shit tune!*edit*

50 shot is to be taken just as serious as any other power add'r

I wish the supra gods would reach down from the sky, grab a new born kitten and proceed to beat the retardation out of some of you people! How the fuck do you kids come up with suck stupid replies too reason with more experienced people? "I tore appart a corvette motor" WELL chop my fuckin legs off and call me short!!! You must be a god damn expert, hell I once took appart a toaster but damnit that ain't shit compared to you Mr.muscle car!!! You are a god damn profeshional...please teach me! If you're so damn smart then what you need our mere mortal opinions for????

Look cletus...leave the No2 for your whipit parties and let your ball hair grow before you start playing race car driver!

Last edited:

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Moy;1316178 said:
you'll need more than just nitrous if you want beat the guys, and if you want the car to run properly. you'll need some sort of fuel management at the bare minimum to make sure you don't lean out and detonate (and possibly/most likely blow your engine).
if he is using a wet kit it adds fuel in proportion to the nitrous so it doesn't give a lean condition, and i think a 50 shot should be fine on a decent motor, i've seen like 100k mile motors run 50-75 wet shots no problem. Not saying its a good thing to do but its not like ZOMG ITS GONNA LEAN OUT AND BLOW!!! I mean 50 shot/6 cylinders, thats roughly an 8hp shot per cylinder, matched with fuel so it shouldn't be that severe, not really worse than a less than perfect condition block going through na-t