Hardwiring VPC without ECU harness or Sensor harness..little help needed

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
I finally got the psi and temp sensors for my brothers Supra and the 88 chip, so I’m going to put it all together this weekend.

What I don’t have is a ecu harness which is no big deal, but also don’t have the sensor harness. I had made a diagram of which wires were which before I sold the VPC from my Supra, but of course can’t find it anymore.

Here’s basically what I need: (pics would be helpful)

An explanation of the wires so I can connect the sensors properly to the VPC plugs – I need to know which wire from each plug (3 on the psi sensor and 2 on the temp sensor) went to which plug (and specific wire) on the VPC so I can just get new connectors and wire it myself.

Additionally, I have the harness that leads from the VPC to the ECU, just don’t know which wires they tap/intercept, so if someone can explain that to, I’d appreciate it.

There is the HKS manual online: http://www.hksusa.com/content/pdf3375.pdf

But I have to know which wire coming from the VPC is which…

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Kevin

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Does this help?

I'm going to put a word of warning on the picture with the resistors... I don't remember why the hell I drew the diagram like that, I installed the VPC along time ago. I'm not sure if you still have to do that or not.

Attachments

• VPC-Install.gif
    VPC-Install.gif
    94.4 KB · Views: 18
  • VPC-Temp-Fix.gif
    VPC-Temp-Fix.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 15

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
Need me to snap a few pictures? Would be more than happy to do so. If i can get my maft pro soon I could just give you my harness.

~Cory

Ps: PT took care of my turbo for free.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I'll keep looking but i think this is all I have.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 9
  • harness.gif
    harness.gif
    379.6 KB · Views: 10

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is all I have as far as wiring goes for the VPC. :(

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Justin;986355 said:
I'm going to put a word of warning on the picture with the resistors... I don't remember why the hell I drew the diagram like that, I installed the VPC along time ago. I'm not sure if you still have to do that or not.

Those are to satisfy the ECU by providing it with signal where there would otherwise no longer be one. I had to do pretty much the same thing with my MAFT Pro setup. Without it you'll get codes for HAC and THA.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
CRE;988088 said:
Those are to satisfy the ECU by providing it with signal where there would otherwise no longer be one. I had to do pretty much the same thing with my MAFT Pro setup. Without it you'll get codes for HAC and THA.

Doh. I forgot those were for the 88. Hah. I guess that makes sense. I'm used to my 89 wires now :)