Ignore this post can't delete on phone

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Wow looks like I have some catching up to do on this thread!! Sorry I've been so distant you guys.... Been working my ass off to finish my other car so that I can actually get places under my own power.... walking this time of year SUCKSSSSS.

Not that any of you are into VWs... but I thought I'd share, since I'm pretty stoked with this situation right now. She's a 1980 (formerly diesel) VW rabbit that I swapped a 96 Gti ABA motor into. I blew up the diesel for the 3rd time almost 1 1/2 years ago now and bought this one used, out of the car, for $200 bucks quite a while ago.... I never heard it run, just pulled a plug and turned it over, pulled the pan, etc. and bought it. I did the timing belt myself (always freaks me out...) and put the motor in a year ago. That was the easy part.... been struggling with the wiring ever since, then the darn Supra halted my progress on the build :D teehee. I got her running Sunday night, and she sounds awesome!!! Got the brakes working and finished the rear disc swap tues night, and built an exhaust last night.... or, rather, I cut a bunch of tube and a friend of mine welded it together for me. Adjusted the shift linkage and drove her around the street a little last night. Still have to wire in the fan switch and the fan, hook up some dummy lights on the dash and my alt light, and replace a busted coolant flange that I cracked looongg ago and forgot about it.... if she runs good enough I might try driving her up to Toy Run....... we shall see!!!!

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Volkswagens are for girls, Shawn. Hondas are for traitors, Villy. So you're ok, Faye:) But Shawn and Villy...?

Faye, Did you hear back from the frame shop? You should let me know when you're headed to Shawn's house. If I'm welcome, I'd like to stop by and see you guys:p

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
Sorry for not posting up here much. Been supra irritated with my supra problems that MidKnight seems to love giving me. Shawn my bad for leaving her at the workshop, just been doing some black guy thinking on possibilities of dumping Frogger for a reliable Toyota I been looking at or spending more money on the dupra. I gotta start preparing to sell the yata. If you haven't already you can move MidKnight I'm still in need of a turbo and won't have one anytime soon.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk