Guv'na's Tavern

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Awww thanks for all of the support you guys :) definitely raises the spirits a little for sure. Glad to have you all! Ya know, I watched "Love the Beast" last night 3x in a row while I was trying to drift off to sleep, and there is something that Eric Bana said when he was describing how he felt when he saw his car after he wrecked it.... how he'd much rather be on crutches for a few months or have a broken arm..... That's how I feel.

I wish I could say that the pictures make it look worse than it is but they make it look better. Both rear knuckles are cracked and gone, trailing arms dragging on the ground behind me as I drove it out.... front pass side pushed in badly, intake tube is all crunched and the body is touching the motor almost. front piece pushed into and broke my fan fins..... Augh. I couldn't go back there to get a piece of the wing that fell off so a friend of mine grabbed it.... he said that there was a patch of ice where I went off. I didn't even see it! )':

If I can fix it, I will. Called around and found a couple shells, and got a few price quotes for frame straightening. Hopefully I can just straighten it and do a little welding and stiffening and maybe?? But everyone that looks at her just shakes their head and tells me that I am crazy to even think about trying to fix it, the body will never be the same, never handle the same, once metal bends and bends back then it has lost its structural integrity, etc. etc......

I will post more pictures if I have the courage to go up there and look at her again. I parked her back in that gravel driveway, in the same spot where I spent all summer fixing her the first time. Auugghhhh.

Call me crazy, but I am going to take off Winter term from school to get this thing back on the road, even if it means working out in the cold..... I have to!

If the frame can't be straightened then I will swap her heart into a new shell......

The wheels - both in the back are bent badly. They are so hard to find I doubt I will be able to find 2 new ones...... searched for a few hours and found nothing. Especially not in this country and for a decent price. Theyre like 2-3k new, and still $400 a piece with curb rash!!! :p and those are posts from years and years ago!!!!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That sucks. Glad you are ok.

But from the pics honestly I would just find a shell or another car. The amount to fix it will be about the same and the car will never be the same.

Good luck. I will have a drink for you tonight.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
I do hope that things work out for the best with your Supra Faye!

I wish I had parts or something to donate, maybe we could start a kickstarter thing or something? Everyone can pitch in $10 or so? (I know it is not much, but I am freshly laid off :() One thousand donations would be $10,000!

Probaby won't make you feel much better, but here is what I had to look at after my wreck: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...040.1073741825.1075253588&type=1&l=3742b9974c

I still tell people I would have rather died with the car, so I can empathize with your feelings of loss. So here's hoping your car gets a second chance!

luckyshay7

Jun 25, 2010
Washington
When Cody told me "you hear from Faye?" my heart dropped like omg wtf happened is she alive then immediatly I called. My eyes teared up. We all know you wont get away from the Supra life, it'l all come together wether you build another beast or fix your baby. We all here for you

And you know you can always ride with me to the Toy Run

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
luckyshay7;1976923 said:
When Cody told me "you hear from Faye?" my heart dropped like omg wtf happened is she alive then immediatly I called. My eyes teared up. We all know you wont get away from the Supra life, it'l all come together wether you build another beast or fix your baby. We all here for you

And you know you can always ride with me to the Toy Run

Shay, you're the best, thank you. I will absolutely ride with you to the Toy Run, it would be my pleasure. I am so bummed right now, sorry I was kind of not there yesterday at work, I was in a lot of pain.

Definitely will not get away from the Supra life. The motor is still good, so is the trans. Maybe my suspension is salvageable.... my interior.... I am starting to research and figure out which route makes the most sense to me.

In the mean time, I am finishing the motor swap in my VW that I will daily drive until I am able to find another shell or fix this one. Walking sucks!!

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
loc182;1976911 said:
I do hope that things work out for the best with your Supra Faye!

I wish I had parts or something to donate, maybe we could start a kickstarter thing or something? Everyone can pitch in $10 or so? (I know it is not much, but I am freshly laid off :() One thousand donations would be $10,000!

Probaby won't make you feel much better, but here is what I had to look at after my wreck: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...040.1073741825.1075253588&type=1&l=3742b9974c

I still tell people I would have rather died with the car, so I can empathize with your feelings of loss. So here's hoping your car gets a second chance!

That's very sweet of you. :) Well then I will definitely put up a "parts needed" list when I figure out which direction I am going with her - shell swap or rebuild.

And the MR2..... oh, breaks my heart to look at her, too. )': So sad...

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
Random black guy appeared!

Used Sushi time.

It was supra affective!

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
ahuvymes.jpg
Just random thought but Faye, don't lose hope in repairing your car, mind you not it took a whole lot of dedication and empty pockets lol but it'll get back to how it used to be, like mine :)
ydyte3e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2a3uhuvu.jpg

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
modmonster2008;1977494 said:
ahuvymes.jpg
Just random thought but Faye, don't lose hope in repairing your car, mind you not it took a whole lot of dedication and empty pockets lol but it'll get back to how it used to be, like mine :)
ydyte3e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2a3uhuvu.jpg

YES YES YES YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!

Yours looks in worse shape than mine in the front and a little better in the rear. I can do it - I will get her back on the road.