Oregon
Was watching this boxing anime, then this car shows up
d

Is it just me or is that a supra? OR a supra inspired car :evil2:

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Those vr6's sound so good! Funky design, but it's Volkswagen. So, when are we going to do this meet? Next weekend might be good. The weekend after we will be in Texas searching for houses to buy though.

acrobatix

Mar 31, 2014
Federal Way, WA
supranewbie;1998305 said:
Leave it to a yaris driver to tell us it's a race after the fact. I thought we were on a cruise.
But I'd be happy to give him another shot. One on one with a clear road/track.

Leave it to a supra driver to say "I wanna go fast.." then -not- go fast, and then get butthurt when a yaris driver pushes them thru the corners and razz's them about it...dude really? It was all in good fun. We weren't racing, we were driving. And if you can't take a little ribbing, lighten up a bit.

We all know my car has nothing on a turbo supra in the straights. Your car isn't set up for tight cornering, mine is. Guaranteed, you'd whoop me on a straight track, but I'll give you a run for your money on the twisties.

"Poor little yaris" ...lmao smh

Sent from my busted ass phone using Tapatalk.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
acrobatix;1999604 said:
Leave it to a supra driver to say "I wanna go fast.." then -not- go fast, and then get butthurt when a yaris driver pushes them thru the corners and razz's them about it...dude really? It was all in good fun. We weren't racing, we were driving. And if you can't take a little ribbing, lighten up a bit.

We all know my car has nothing on a turbo supra in the straights. Your car isn't set up for tight cornering, mine is. Guaranteed, you'd whoop me on a straight track, but I'll give you a run for your money on the twisties.

"Poor little yaris" ...lmao smh

Lol!! You posted a video saying you pushed Supra(s) through the corners. It was one Supra. One who had some of the shittiest tires ever. The rest of us were keeping up with the cruise pace. You didn't push us. You said you did. I responded to your claim with the truth as I see it.
I can take the ribbing. I appreciate it, actually. Maybe I was having a bad day and didn't see it as razzing. If that's what it was, I apologize.
Welcome to the tavern, the best place to razz Supra drivers!

acrobatix

Mar 31, 2014
Federal Way, WA
supranewbie;1999611 said:
Lol!! You posted a video saying you pushed Supra(s) through the corners. It was one Supra. One who had some of the shittiest tires ever. The rest of us were keeping up with the cruise pace. You didn't push us. You said you did. I responded to your claim with the truth as I see it.
I can take the ribbing. I appreciate it, actually. Maybe I was having a bad day and didn't see it as razzing. If that's what it was, I apologize.
Welcome to the tavern, the best place to razz Supra drivers!

Ok, I'll give ya that, it was only one Supra. And his tires were shit. And that road was rough as hell- we all scraped quite a bit. But in any case the vid was more just to harass my new Supra friends, not because I think I'm better than you- I'm not. We all have our interests and we all share a passion for our own style vehicles. I thought y'all were a cool group of people and was glad to have ya along on the cruise. But in true fashion, I had to razz a little bit and since I'm usually the one getting it (Yaris driver,) it was nice to dish it out for once. Lol. Sorry if I offended you or took it too far man, that wasn't the intent.

There. Glad we got that worked out. Hope to see y'all again sometime!

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
acrobatix;1999614 said:
Ok, I'll give ya that, it was only one Supra. And his tires were shit. And that road was rough as hell- we all scraped quite a bit. But in any case the vid was more just to harass my new Supra friends, not because I think I'm better than you- I'm not. We all have our interests and we all share a passion for our own style vehicles. I thought y'all were a cool group of people and was glad to have ya along on the cruise. But in true fashion, I had to razz a little bit and since I'm usually the one getting it (Yaris driver,) it was nice to dish it out for once. Lol. Sorry if I offended you or took it too far man, that wasn't the intent.

There. Glad we got that worked out. Hope to see y'all again sometime!

Hell yeah.
It was a blast. And I was happy to be there with you guys. Thanks.

And as I posted earlier in this thread, you seemed to be an OK driver. :) I like rolling with people who know how to drive.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Yeah, that's what happens when you don't check in with us!

Anyway, I made a few changes to the tune during the week and yesterday I decided to take the car out to see how well the changes worked. It was mainly changes to the high rpm, high load portions of the fuel map as well as the crank time table and after start enrichments. So, I leave the house and just drive down the road to the traffic light. Top off, windows down, sunglasses on, I looked like someone who was stuck in some corny 80's movie. Engine temps were still cool so I didn't get on boost at all. I wasn't paying attention to the task at hand though. I was kind of 'zoned' out. Apparently I drove past a cop. I was unaware of the existence of said police officer till I looked in my rear view mirror and saw the twinkling lights of disappointment. I figured he was pulling me over because I don't have a front plate. Anyway, he comes up and asks the usual questions. I give him my license and registration and notice I forgot to put in the new insurance ID cards. Dammit. He informs me I was doing 45 in a 35. Shit. Thankfully I didn't delete the insurance email so he accepted that. He runs my license and comes back to tell me he was going to write me a ticket till he found out that I hadn't gotten a ticket since 2006. He said he didn't want to ruin my day over just 10 mph. He then gave me my license and registration back and told me to enjoy the weather.

Looking back on that now, I'm kind of a lucky dude. I did a burnout years ago in my old Chevy truck, blew past a cop, and he let me off then too. He just wanted to look at the engine.

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
So new motivation to work on car. Thinkin of getting another 7m and building it up. Damn it Vegas lol

Sent from my dumb phone (X_x)@==('.'@)