Guv'na's Tavern

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
I'm supposed to head to Texas in June, but the car is going to be put on the market by February most likely. I'll find another one however and the process will begin again!

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
Alright, first blown headgasket.
What steps do I need to take to fix it, and what do I need to do to prevent it from happening again (ARP headstuds is what I think I've heard the most?)

On an extremely tight budget after some stuff that just went down, so this happened at easily the worst time.
But I bought a flat of ramen so all my money, if it's enough, is able to go towards fixing it the right way, without starving me.

Edit: Links to stuff to order would be helpful, since aside from the gasket set I doubt anyone around here carries things like ARP headstuds

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Kiraush;1983150 said:
What steps do I need to take to fix it, and what do I need to do to prevent it from happening again (ARP headstuds is what I think I've heard the most?)

On an extremely tight budget after some stuff that just went down, so this happened at easily the worst time.
But I bought a flat of ramen so all my money, if it's enough, is able to go towards fixing it the right way, without starving me.

Edit: Links to stuff to order would be helpful, since aside from the gasket set I doubt anyone around here carries things like ARP headstuds
Honestly take your time and don't get cheap parts. Save the money and do alilttle at a time. I pulled my motor and it took me 9months to gather all the things I needed. I'm actually taking the motor out presently bc I put a cheap ass oil pan gasket on. And yes it can be done a different way besides pulling motor, but I'm doing it this way cuz I've got other plans.lol :)
So take your time and do it once

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
jdmfreak;1982816 said:
It'll happen quite a few times in the next couple months.... Once you are running again come on up we get together once every week or two

I plan to have my build driveable by the Chehalis meet in may that is one you should try to make:)

I also plan to have mine done in time for the Chehalis meet....

I will be up at Shawn's Sunday afternoon to hang and play with Supras. Anyone else with nothing to do should join us!!! :D

Oh, and BTW:
supranewbie;1982663 said:
Sudden flare-ups.

Yessssss this is awesome.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Kiraush;1983150 said:

Yes do it once do it right look up the thread Pyro suggested
If you want to do it right and cheap you can use a felpro or Toyota hg and ARP studs torqued to 76 ftlb CHANGE YOUR Oil and filter. get your head machined it doesn't have to be expensive if you are not looking to make tons of power
But the 7m isn't forgiving to those who take shortcuts

As a rule STAY OFF EBAY

I usually buy parts from driftmotion.Com or Suprasport.Com whichever is cheaper for said part

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
jdmfreak;1983162 said:
Yes do it once do it right look up the thread Pyro suggested
If you want to do it right and cheap you can use a felpro or Toyota hg and ARP studs torqued to 76 ftlb CHANGE YOUR Oil and filter. get your head machined it doesn't have to be expensive if you are not looking to make tons of power
But the 7m isn't forgiving to those who take shortcuts

As a rule STAY OFF EBAY

I usually buy parts from driftmotion.Com or Suprasport.Com whichever is cheaper for said part

Wasn't even considering Ebay for this, I'm usually all for ebaying stuff that isn't big but this is big in my head :p
Doesn't the engine need to get pulled to machine it? and how much would that cost, roughly

Aside from the Headgasket and ARP Headstuds, is there anything else I need?

Edit: So this is what I would need correct? http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-arp203-4202.php

Oh, and, someone in RDM is selling a set of these.
They're disgusting, but I would be so tempted to rock them if they were an option for me. XD

UX9pzvq.jpg

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
If you pull the engine and machine the block (with rear timing cover) to a mirror finish you could go with a metal head gasket... It would be worth it..... But more expensive and time consuming and not needed at near stock power levels just straight edge the block to check it

Pulling out the engine has become a fast easy task for me so I would do it anyway... I don't think you will need to as long as your block didn't warp

And you will need to find the perfect socket for the arps

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
-Short Fucking Story time-

Bird was having an awesome dream about racing steeds when the rambles of Sir Shawn and Villy appeared

Sir Shawn asked " Will you be attending the gathering at my manor Villy Manilly Silly Willy?"

" I must say no for my drinking habits have caused my bootie to poop liquids. Also my joints hurt from being violently man handled last night!" Villy replied

"Bolder dash! Some vodka from my redneck stash will fix you right up!" Said Sir Shawn

" No thanks, I ate some bread and it made my watery poop into a mudslide so no need for that Sir Shawn. Please enjoy this picture of me pooping.

"Quite! I will cherish this pic of you Villy!" Said Sir fuck face Shawn

Bird opens his tent and yells " Will you 2 stop fucking mass texting me!"

- They continue to torment bird to this day. They are douche bags. The end-

Sent from my fucking phone.

Attachments

• V__D117.jpg
    V__D117.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 9

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Kiraush;1983173 said:
Oh, and, someone in RDM is selling a set of these.
They're disgusting, but I would be so tempted to rock them if they were an option for me. XD

UX9pzvq.jpg
I saw these on a Facebook group.lol

Kiraush

Jun 1, 2013
jdmfreak;1983211 said:
If you pull the engine and machine the block (with rear timing cover) to a mirror finish you could go with a metal head gasket... It would be worth it..... But more expensive and time consuming and not needed at near stock power levels just straight edge the block to check it

Pulling out the engine has become a fast easy task for me so I would do it anyway... I don't think you will need to as long as your block didn't warp

And you will need to find the perfect socket for the arps

Pulling my engine was an unreasonable pain in the ass for me, because I had never done it before, and I took the tranny with it.
Did my first engine swap solo and it took me about a month. :x

Really unappealed with the thought of taking it out again.

I didn't drive it much, so I don't think it'd warp it, the second it started acting weird I figured it out.