Gurley's 92 Teal 2JZ Project

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Pulled the trans apart last night it was pretty sludgy and yhe bearings had alot of play. So I bought the rebuild kit and put new bearings and syncros in. I broke the tips on both shift forks and shattered the thrust washer. So got the billet shift forks and the other Marlin Crawler goodies.

9ybavy6u.jpg

ahataba5.jpg

Also checked clearances and made sure the shaft was straight

qy3a4ebu.jpg

But then I realized I was done with R154s and decided to ditch it and go auto

2ynu5e5y.jpg

Nah just kidding. Trans will continue to be assembled today

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Just read through the thread. Love the wire tuck and all the details you give to the car dude. I need to find a teal supra myself :(
Anyhow, idk if i missed it but what brake set up are you running and are those 13" rotors?

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Gee its been forever since i posted in here. Car is in Ohio now where I live. Car is making a knocking sound from the motor and I believe its is probably rod knock. I believe that the rotella oil may have foamed under a couple redline pulls. Found out the oil doent have a antifoaming agent. So time to pull it apart and see whats going on. Ill have the trans dropped tomorrow to confirm its nothing driveline related. Will post pics of updates.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Fingers crossed for a trans issue. I know some pretty high hp and high revving 2jzs runnng rotella. And i have run it in moto engines that rev to 14k without issue.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Well so far found out the flywheel was loose and I beleieve it is what is causing the noise. Got to track down a new battery before I can start the motor to make sure since my odyssey took a crap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
scottiedawg66;1976321 said:
Fingers crossed for a trans issue. I know some pretty high hp and high revving 2jzs runnng rotella. And i have run it in moto engines that rev to 14k without issue.

I hope so. I think I'm gonna switch to VR1 this time around tho