Guess how much change...$$$

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
GREG88-when are you goin to cash them in..?

damn $3500..? Im picking every quarter nickel dime i see up...:biglaugh:

fixitman04;1401612 said:
did that the last time.... pennies, quarters,dimes and nickles.... that is the order the jugs will fill, over 500 in pennies full. the quarters was 3500 full

keep savin

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
dubsupra209;1402023 said:
GREG88-when are you goin to cash them in..?

damn $3500..? Im picking every quarter nickel dime i see up...:biglaugh:

I'm cashing in tomorrow, I think. I'm worried that the counting machine may not be able to take it all. I need to bring the jug to my job so that I can make it to the bank in time.

If it's over $1k, I'll be very excited. It looks like less to me, but I think that's because I stare at it daily. I'll use the money to help pay off a car note.

poodles said:
But I will warn you, plastic or glass jugs of that size aren't meant for those loads. I've seen em burst and it's NOT pretty (especially the glass)

That would be awful. As I plink in the last dime, I can just imagine the entire jug crashing into the apartment below me.:biglaugh:

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Poodles;1402329 said:
But I will warn you, plastic or glass jugs of that size aren't meant for those loads. I've seen em burst and it's NOT pretty (especially the glass)

greg88;1402329 said:
That would be awful. As I plink in the last dime, I can just imagine the entire jug crashing into the apartment below me.:biglaugh:

Carefully slide it onto a piece of plywood, that will support it better, your gonna need help to pick it up safely.
Do not tip it on its side! Usually the sides are far less rigid than the base. It will likely burst if you do!
Good luck!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
For reference, I have a coin jar that's 7.5" tall, and 4.5" in diameter. It's filled 3.5" with any pocket change I get. The jar counts money as I put it in, and it currently has $127.99 in there. ;)

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
I had to split the change into two loads; one of the bags on the coin counter filled up. Sorry for the bad phone pics.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

$1214.06 change + $41 cash
sm_photo_missing.jpg

A few of you guys were really close but it looks like fixitman04 was the closest. I ended up bear-hugging the jug and lugging it down the stairs to my car. I was really surprised at the amount as I was expecting much less.