GTE pistons in a GE

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Are you wanting to do this to add power, or just because the GTE parts are available to you? Or Both?

Generally a turbo piston will be lower compression than it's non turbo equivalent. So, I doubt you'd gain power from the swap.

well ive got a 2jzge engine that im swapping into my 86.5 supra. and i wanna know the best route power wise.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

and just to clarify im talking about gte after market parts..

turbo, with of course high horsepower.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

im just not sure how to obtain this goal.. i need to be pointed in the right direction.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

internals wise.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Iirc the interals of a ge n gte are identical except for pistons squirters no turbo feed. Rods n crank are same oil pump is different as gte uses a crank position sensor and the ge is distributor. The heads vary a little as well. But that i have noo info on.

Im running stock ge bottom end n a boost logic headgasket n tt oil pump but i have a 1j head n electronics

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
tylerchalue;1626130 said:
just to clarify with the gte cams, so if i use 2jzgte stage 3 cams and put them into my 2jzge i should have no problem fitting them in?
Jeff Lange;1626153 said:
you should be able to run an intake gte cam in a ge head, but the gte exhaust cam does not have a distributor drive gear on it, so that cannot be used.

Last edited:

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
TylerChalue;1626130 said:
just to clarify with the gte cams, so if i use 2jzgte stage 3 cams and put them into my 2jzge i should have no problem fitting them in?

You should be able to run an intake GTE cam in a GE head, but the GTE exhaust cam does not have a distributor drive gear on it, so that cannot be used.

Jeff

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
but what if you use the gte exaust cam and gte CPS together will it cause any issues or conflict with the ECU ?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

NOt to highjack your thread but we kinda have the same questions why repost ....I was having 2nd thoughts about the CPS ..... Maybe if i use a 7mgte CPS on the 2jzge i know it has been done previously on mk3 2jzge na-t but i would like to use the Mk3 CPS on my SC300

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Run 7m electronics and get rid of the dist. Put a 2mm hg on and run made amounts of boost with a good tune.