ground for guages windows and ac control module

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
ok so my ac windows and all guages sopped working checked all my fuses even replaced them to make sure it wasn't them so I've come to the conclusion my ground is bad
does anyone know exactly where all 3 are grounded to inside so I don't have to take my dash off and go on the hunt to find the ground? thanx

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
I understand that it's in the tsrm and I know it's grounding point d but where specifically I that grounding point located

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
well what else could it be I double checked all the fuses and even replaced them to make sure
all these things stopped working at once and they're on the same circuit so hat else could it be?

bad88mk3

Banned
Apr 14, 2013
Somewhere in florida
From what i can gather the ground point your looking for is located behind the drivers side kick panel near the fuse panel and relay panels you may have to remove the kick panel to see everything which requires removing the foot rest and 10mm nut holding the kick panel on.Let me know if you need a picture off this and i will take on for you.

Last edited:

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
yeah I know where it is now I got it but any ideas on what else if could be if it's not a ground or fuse/relay? btw thanx a lot jet jock!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Well, the gauge fuse is involved with all those things but that doesn't necessarily mean everything is related. If that fuse checks out try repairing one thing at a time starting with the simplest first and you might get lucky. That would be the windows. For them be sure the 30 amp power CB isn't tripped. It can be reset by sticking something in the hole on top until you feel a click. Then again if your seats are working the breaker is fine. You know, you really ought to be doing all this correctly using a meter...

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
nothing lol I got in the car rolled the windows down started driving noticed no gauges were working noticed ac lights weren't on got home went to go roll windows up and they won't roll up
everything in the car works fine even dome light but not guages windows or ac

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It means that the 30 AMP CB has not tripped and is not the problem. I would hazard guess that even though the seat slides back and fourth, up and down, fine, the side bolsters and lumbar support are not functioning. Go back and re-verify that the 7.5 amp GAGE fuse located in the left foot kick panel is good. If you have a multi-meter test for continuity on the fuse. Sometimes a visual inspection is not enough to verify that the fuse is bad. If you do not have a multi-meter, put it on your tools to buy list, you will find a need for it beyond just this. Then test with a known good 7.5amp fuse(preferably new). A word of caution, do not use a higher than rated amp fuse even to test with. If there is a short or other issue with the electrical system, a higher than rated fuse can cause further damage.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
I double checked it and replaced the fuse I was told by one of my friends(mechanic) that it was the ground that went bad
and yes I do have a multimeter I will check the continuity..ad after I check that and continuity Is good then what?

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Dude with these kinds of problems u just have to get in there and start ruling things out one by one until u find your problem, it really sucks. I hate wiring issues...

one time I had a problem similar to yours, replaced my entire fuse box, checked all the wiring and grounds possible, after about a week of fighting it I gave up and gave it a rest.

One day I grabbed a beer and was just sitting there looking at my old fuse box laying in the garage. Happened to notice one of the little metal prongs that holds the fuse in tight was missing in it. Went over to the supra and sure as shit in the other fuse box i had just put in...same thing. Pulled the fuse out and bent the prong of the fuse a little and a weeks worth of problems solved lol

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Those systems find their ground a the JB #1 set bolt like JJ said. So do several other system, and if those systems are working then the ground is fine. Systems like the starter relay, if the starter engages then the ground if fine. The door lock switches as well as the LH door lock solenoid. There are a few others, but you get the idea. If those are functioning, the ground itself is fine, and the problem lies somewhere else in the system. At this point start like JJ said, with the simplest system first, the power windows.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
ok so check window first
I did notice that the first thing I did when I got in the car was roll down the window then noticed nothing worked..also jetjock said if the seats are working then he cb is fine so starting the window what do I want to look for/test?