ground for guages windows and ac control module

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I was in Bahamas last week, and no, it does get better than there.
Was in Grand Cayman and St. Kitts this weekend, and I would say that St Kitts is the better choice.
Better exchange rate, too.
p1935279_1.jpg

Ps- not that this has anything to do with the present conversation, but...
Did you figure out the car problem?

bad88mk3

Banned
Apr 14, 2013
Somewhere in florida
Supraguy so wrong posting a pic of a place i would love to be at right now but cant afford to go there lol and bryan did you figure out what was wrong with the car yet bro?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
no I finally got a chance to work on it today since it has been raining and so I'm trying to figure it out as we speek...
wow this thread got way off topic! hahahaha that looks like a nice place to go though lol

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I think this should be added here so people can see the troubleshooting that went on. Having this information available will help improve the forums for anyone who may come along with a similar problem.

BryanDyer said:
I checked the really like you said with a multimeter and all of the readings were right except pin one read 0 volts so what does that mean?

Pin 1 goes over to the 7.5 amp GAUGE fuse, through pin 11 on connector '1I' . Pull the fuse out and check for 12V on either of the fuse pins. This will help us narrow the fault down to before or after the fuse.

I'm going to post this reply over in the thread, and lets continue over there. It's important to show people how we arrived at a solution, for future reference. Someone may have a similar problem in the future and placing this back in the forums allows it to be the most useful to future people.

BryanDyer said:
I only had 12v between pin 1(on the relay it's pin 4) but I had 12v between the pin and only one of the slots for the fuse what does that mean?

Not sure if I fuflly understand that sentence so to avoid confusion use the Image below. I have three tests with the multi-meter shown, and how they are hooked up. Tell me if any of the tests do not show 12v, using the green number next to it(1,2, or 3).

BryanDyer said:
test number 2 did not have volts

OK that pin goes through one connector and to the top pin in 7.5amp GAUGE fuse. Next we need to test that connection. Preform a continuity test as shown. You should get good continuity.

BryanDyer said:
there was not continuity between them

Ok we have narrowed the problem down to somewhere along a one wire segment.

I know it's been mentioned but before we go on please recheck that the contact is high enough for the fuse to make contact on that pin.

BryanDyer said:
double checked the..the contact is high enough they are big flush with the plastic right where they are supposed to be so now what?

Next you have to access the back of the fuse panel. It's been awhile since I have taken one out. I believe the are three screws on the bottom. You will also need to disconnect the various wire harnesses going into that block. They all have different shapes so there is no chance of mixing them up. However some can be a bit stubborn coming out so take your time.

BryanDyer said:
ok I take it off and then what? I will have it off tomorrow and message you btw thank you very very much
so after it comes off and I get everything disconnected then...
also I won't be able to work on it til about 5 or 6 tomorrow

No problem, I'm glad to help when I can. That will be about 2pm my time I should be on by then. After you remove the fuse panel we will check the wire from the power relay, to eliminate that as a problem. We will then check the internal circuit on the fuse panel. I suspect that is where the problem lies. But it needs to be tested to be sure.

SuperSupra1

UnNaturally Aspirated
Aug 1, 2006
Georgia
Did you get this fixed? Mine was doing the same thing. Reverse lights also run off this same fuse. I had no windows, gauges, A/C or reverse lights. Hate electrical troubleshooting, so, put it in the shop. Got it back today. Turned out, the reverse switch on the pedal had somehow got damaged and mashed the wires together, shorting them out. Burned the wire up, thru the firewall. A yellow wire with silver marks on it. New switch, new wire...everything works again. Now, mine would blow the gauge fuse every time I cranked it up. Accessory position would let the windows up and the gauges work and everything. As soon as I cranked it....blown fuse.