Grenaded engine, almost killed me.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
Just got back from the hospital. Here's what I've figured so far:

Rod went through the block, shot off and hit the turbo. Blew up the turbo, deflected and made a chunk of the exhaust housing shoot through the firewall. It went at just the right angle to hit me on my right side, breaking two ribs. I'm bruised up pretty good. Moving around is a bitch and breathing sucks, but at least I'm good.

If you guys want I can post pictures of the motor and maybe you can help figure out how the fuck this happened. I took some medicine and can't really think too hard.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
April fools! That wasn't a rod from your motor, I shot your car with an old timey cannon loaded with blown 7M connecting rods.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
IJ.;1823468 said:
That would be my guess considering it's a LHD car ;)

I was trying to figure out how the fuck it shot from that side. But I kid you not, it deflective with that much force. Luckily the firewall stopped the majority of the impact, or I would have a lot more than just a couple of broken ribs.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I will in a few hours when the girlfriend is off work. I'm not too keen on moving around right now.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
I bought a car with a hole in the block, and there was barely a scratch on the paint where the rod hit. A connecting rod shooting through a block, through the exhaust manifold, into the turbo, and then deflecting in almost the opposite direction while maintaining enough speed to penetrate the firewall, dash, and anything else that got in its way to break your ribs on April 1st? Pics or it didn't happen.
-AM3

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
p1823572_1.jpg

I was expecting this to be a bit more fun, but fuck you all.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
GrimJack;1823602 said:
If you're going to claim personal injury from your car, use the exploding flywheel excuse next time, it's a lot more believable.
Noted.
IJ.;1823621 said:
Piss poor effort... :nono:

Half tempted to ban you for a week as an Aprils fools joke it'd be as funny.

You're a mean bastard, man.