Gran Turismo 5, anyone?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
iwannadie;1655236 said:
I finally got gold on whatever the first round of courses is(beginner or amateur). It wasn't difficult as much as trying to find the right cars for each event in the used lot. I wish they made it easier to find a car for each event like maybe an option to browse the car selection based on the even selected or something.

I feel like I'm cheating when I mod the cars too I try the events stock then bump the car up as needed. It sucks to be competitive until I hit a straight away then they just leave me way behind. Buying new tires really makes me feel like I'm cheating too ha, I go mid grade and still it's like a cheat code enabled.

I try to keep my cars somewhat reasonable, it's not much fun if it's not at least somewhat challenging, but some of the higher level races are rather punishing. For fun, try using the Fireblade if you happen to get a chance at one. It's almost not fair what the thing can do. :p

Boosted Supra;1656168 said:
Anyone having a hard time beating the Forumla GT Cup? Holy shit, that shit is hard. Even with my tuned Formula GT, it's tough to keep going at 20 laps and the second place guy is just on your tail. I can put distance on the 2nd place guy but one slip up.....The rain also makes it even more harder.

Also, guys who added me. If your needing a car, I have some doubles of some, I'll give you want I can.

Heh, the Formula GT cup was one of the only races on GT4 I just gave up on. That was pretty much TOCA difficulty there...

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
te72;1656209 said:
I try to keep my cars somewhat reasonable, it's not much fun if it's not at least somewhat challenging, but some of the higher level races are rather punishing. For fun, try using the Fireblade if you happen to get a chance at one. It's almost not fair what the thing can do. :p

Heh, the Formula GT cup was one of the only races on GT4 I just gave up on. That was pretty much TOCA difficulty there...

Same here, I was never able to finish it in GT4. I guess I will save it for the "B Spec driver"

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
IMHO, it's definitely the hardest series of races in the game (not counting the superhuman reflex requiring RedBull X2010 challenge :aigo:)

I had a hard time with the controller, I had to use a wheel for it and even then I had to resort to cheating through the chicanes at every opportunity.

If you can place 1st on Fuji Speedway and Indy then just place 1st on the tracks that allow you to use the chicanes to your advantage (Nurburgring GP-F, Monza) you can quit Corte de Azul and Suzuka and still barely win the Championship Series. You get the gold for the Series and can still attempt the tracks you skipped individually.

Too bad all you get is a Caterham Seven that you could previously buy in the UCD. That should be made into a shirt. "I beat Formula GT and all I got was this lousy Seven Fireblade":evil2:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Wait, you get a Caterham Fireblade for beating the Formula GT Challenge? Err... I just bought one used, wasn't even expensive. That's kinda disappointing to me.

So, anyone turn any of their cars into a Race Modified car? Only ones I've read about are a couple Civics, the 69 and 2010 Camaros, C6 Z06 and ZR1, a Silvia, some STi, Cappucino, a Dodge, and I believe there was one or two others...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'm waiting to play gt5 until my logitech g27 arrives. So hard to wait. I've done the licence B in all golds and bought a honda crx, but I feel like I'm cheating if I do any A-spec races without the wheel.

Make more G27's Logitech!!!!! :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Got all golds on your B-license? Congrats man, I think that makes you number two so far on here. I got the B all golds, and half of the A-license with all gold, the others silver and closing in WAY close on most of the times. I imagine the IC license is going to be hell to get golds though...

Who needs the CRX though, when you got the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S from the license test reward? ;)

Oh, and I wouldn't consider it cheating to do some of the Go-Kart races in special events without the wheel, but it's gonna be tough without, those things are twitchy.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Who else is doing GT Academy?! I'm ranked 710 overall in the WEST Region. There are some seriously fast players out there...

I finally got my g27 wheel and knocked 5-8 seconds off my overall time. G27 steering and throttle control >>>>>> PS3 controller.

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
I ended up starting a new game on a secondary account to take advantage of the Special Events XP bonuses.

Looking to give away the following cars (I have no use for them at this time):

Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Ford MKIV Race Car '67
Lamborghini Miura Bertone Prototype

Anyone?

PSN: gtkof
PSN #2: ma70er76 (add me if you haven't yet, I will be sending the cars from this one)

Last edited:

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Kangae;1662604 said:
I am really in need of the ford mk IV, my psn is kangae (same as here).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Consider it yours. I'll send you an add request from my sub-account.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Jeff Lange;1662665 said:
I would love to have a Miura, but if someone actually needs it, give it to them, I am not in need of anything.

PSN: HumbleLoser

Jeff

I'll go ahead and send you one, after I send Kangae's MKIV. I'll just make sure to dupe the car for the next person :evil2:

Just give me a few days while I sort out my sending quota for the week.

SuprA70;1662529 said:
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Lamborghini Miura Bertone Prototype

Anyone?

PSN: gtkof
PSN #2: ma70er76 (add me if you haven't yet, I will be sending the cars from this one)

Still available.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I'm just too frustrated with the stupid AI in this game. Lost a Nurburgring race because I spun out (was in 1st) and every time I tried to get back on the track, an AI car would run into me. Went from first to last after getting hit by every single AI car.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;1661712 said:
Who else is doing GT Academy?! I'm ranked 710 overall in the WEST Region. There are some seriously fast players out there...

I finally got my g27 wheel and knocked 5-8 seconds off my overall time. G27 steering and throttle control >>>>>> PS3 controller.

I gave it a shot, did not rank all that well at all. Granted, that was when I was still getting used to the G27 and using the thing on manual shifting for the first time... Could probably improve my times, but I know I'm not even in the running, there are MUCH better people out there than I. :)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I know what you mean. I thought I had a stellar few laps and still found myself a few thousand places back in the US standings.

There are some really, really fast players out there.

The g27 dropped my times significantly. The controller is definitely a disadvantage once you're used to the wheel.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Makes me wonder just WHY these people are so good. I'm good in a real car, the feedback (or lack there of) kills me on games.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
A lot of times there is just some guys who have a natural talent. I saw an interview of some guy who held a bunch of time trial records on forza 2 one time, and he went on about how he didnt really know why he was so good, and how he wished they would take car tuning out of the game because he had no idea how to do any of it and he couldnt win at all when he raced in non-stock cars.