Gran Turismo 4 Challenge

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
My fastest 1/4 mile is around 7.2 if memory serves me. It was with the suzuki escudo.

I'm 80% +/- done and only have the F1 tourney and one other extreme event plus missions(i hate those)

Figit, it was you and I last time duelling it the other gt4 thread. :)

Damn, I wish i had the ps2 up here.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
toyo4life;887491 said:
nah what pisses me off is trying to get all gold medals in the lisence tests. Oh and those fucking coffe breaks!

what car did you use in extreme? right now i have the toyota 88c and it's barely doing it but i cant tune that well...

should i shoot for the toyota 7 or one of those other funny looking ones? i dont have the chaparrals if i recall...oh i do but the slower one.

i have the Formla gran turismo or whatever but it doesnt do high speeds well in extreme and I don't let tourneys go with silver or bronze...

i'll see if i can't get a killer street car record tonight. then allout fastest with a racecar.

see ya tomorrow!

suprarx7 - i thought that was you :) nab a ps2 and some games from a buddy... ;)

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
CryoSlash;887654 said:
My Turbo A supra needs a new HG...
:biglaugh:

I think my PS2 needs a new HG. It doesn't want to play GT4 or actually any game for that matter. I guess it is time to upgrade to a 2JZ or I mean PS3 :)

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
suprarx7nut;887347 said:
Challenge: I'm calling you ALL out! :)

Can anyone beat my 9.83?

I don't have my ps2 up at college, so if anyone beats it I won't be able to compete again for a while, but I'd like to see someone beat that 9.83. It scored as 9.821 originally, but showed 9.83 when i replayed it.

BRING IT ON!

I raised the bar last night! I'm happy I didn't think I actually beat you! That metal HKS HG I installed must be doing the trick... :p
The best I could get on the racecar bit of this challenge was 7.484 with the escudo... i'm having issues getting it to grip...lol.

Time to beat with mkIII: 9.620!! mwahahahahahah....:evil2::evil2:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

AND that is with my high-mileage supra!! If anyone beats me I will have to spend a couple hundred grand more to use another supra with 6.3 miles on it :3d_frown: unless i can squeese more out of this one. I was a little suprised, this one is stronger than my turbo-a's....

thankfully it was already one of my most modded supras though... :)

here's what it looks like if you're curious. pics i had for the "GT4 pics" thread;
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
haha...yeah in all fairness i didn't think it would be that fast either. I was up until about 1:45 doing that though. supra and escudo. actually the supra was only half of that once i logged off. but anyway... good luck getting a setup soon! at least you wont need to worry about picture quality because you don't have to navigate! although...seeing the tach as large as you can to gauge redline is a plus IMO.
were you the one that gave me the one word hint: "ballast" ?

hehe

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Figit090;887430 said:
wait you said it's your fastest road car? my mkIV screams....

We sold alot of the road cars and excess race cars that we won to raise monies to buy a 787B to compete in the endurance races and against the Toyota GT1 and the likes of such. Road cars I've driven to some ammount include the camero SS, a tuned old school RX-7, Lotus Elise, Ford GT, and a couple others... Odds and ends races we just dumped money in a car that fit the race and then dumped it. Before the 787B we drove a Nissian 350z racecar we won (the red one that handles, not the orange one that is a bathtub with wheels).

I will see of the 9.6 quarter challenge. Then we shall have to see about a lap record on an actual racetrack, no?

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
787b, that's the orange and green mazda right? i might win a few (8 or so) races that give expensive cars and sell those. i dont like selling cars unless they are deemed absolutely useless or i have multiples. I have 3.5 million credits so maybe i should throw down for once and buy a LeMans? I have NEVER purchased a supercar or racecar, ever. i win them. lol....

The 350Z LM is a killer car. I love racing with that car it accelerates nicely and has good handling.

my other winner was a skyline. at 700ish HP (maybe 600 i forgot) and AWD it won a lot of races. some races where it couldn't compete I used the subaru rally touring car, the white and black thing.

Lastly the toyota 88c, thats one of my favorites...but i can't seem to win extreme yet. maybe after this long break i can? ill see about it tonight.

I used to love the oldschool mkII RX-7...in GT3 that is. :p or was it GT2? i forgot... but i dont know if i used it when i started GT4.

think up some tracks to race on and we can do time trials ;) Better yet i'll come up with something below.

-------
who wants to make this an announced competition? i bet a few more would join in. i'm not rich enough to afford forza 2 and i feel left out :(

anyway, think about making a thread or retitling this one so more people will become interested.

While that's thought about, how about everyone currently interested pulls a few track names and we can compare. once we all have a common track we can choose and compete. :)

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
So.. I got bored and wanted to see how fast I can get a MK3 to go.. so with the JZA70 I hit 270.6
Then I got bored again and tried with many cars to break 300MPH and finally got it with a Zonda. 300.16 WooT

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Figit: yup that was me with the ballast suggestion ;)

I vote Laguna Seca as the track to compete on.

But I'll race any track in the game.

Actually doing a road course will require MUCH more knowledge on tuning and driving skill... I CANT WAIT!!! :)

I went home to do some head prep work and I got a 9.721 with the mkiii. I'm close. :)

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Suprarx7nut - sorry bud...but....its now harder than you thought... and its because of a silly tune that i did just for fun... i was shocked when it shaved off a tenth of a second!

New Bar for mkIII supra 1/4 mile: 9.548

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I am considering El Capitan as the competition track

I SUCK at Laguna Seca witht the MKIII. not to mention it bores the hell outta me ever since an endurance race in one of the gran turismo games. GT2 i think. it was like 80 laps and i am tired of that track, but part of me likes the challenge.

I am still thinking though. can you think of a second choice? hopefully Keros will change the title to something like "Gran Turismo 4 Challenge"

or should I start a thread? let me know if i should and I will do so and post the scores and 2nd 3rd from this thread. :)

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
practice the tracks?

its a straight line? all you practice is shifting..and tuning...?

i'm confused. lol.

should I start a GT4 competition thread? get more people in?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
If I wasn't at school I would be in on this. I suggest Midfield as the competition track. My favourite track by far. Laguna is just a pain in the ass the rip off really consistent, balls out laps.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Post #1 updated, I'll try to keep up as new times get posted. Good luck champs, lets see some pro driving.

We'll do muiltiple tracks because we all have tracks we suck at and rock at. I'll try to keep the top 5 times for all the tracks in competition posted in the first post. And we're not doing any lame tracks like Hong Kong :cry:

Will all posted track times need to be in practice (i.e. where tire wear doesn't occur?)? We can tell a screen is legit in that it won't show the tire wear diagram.