governer

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
unless you have a JDM ecu.... you should be fiine
i have a jdm ecu and ive heard there is a speed limiter, so i will be looking into this product

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
92TealSupra;1296945 said:
Read the above posts.. I am sure you have a '89 T with a stock ECU and not a JDM one. No rev limiter.

They are talking about a speed limited that cuts the engine at a certain speed. The rev limiter cuts the engine at a certain rpm I was wondering what that rpm was. Most cars if not all have a rev
Limiter. Usdm and jdm, doesn't matter

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
yz-125;1296953 said:
They are talking about a speed limited that cuts the engine at a certain speed. The rev limiter cuts the engine at a certain rpm I was wondering what that rpm was. Most cars if not all have a rev
Limiter. Usdm and jdm, doesn't matter

Sorry I meant <Speed>

All cars basically have rev limiters.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Rev limiter won't really cut the engine. It will...limit it. The limiter is right about at redline. I don't know exactly what it's at (number) because it bounces and I don't really spend time watching it.

I always thought Jap market supras have a speed limiter and us cars didn't, but the JZA70 (RHD) doesn't stop at 180, that's for sure. I'm not sure if it was modified via speed limit contoller or other, but it's pretty much completely stock, except for a TT. This doesn't change what I think though. Just makes me curious as the previous owner (first in Canada) said he didn't do anything to it either.

Interior, engine, all stock. Makes me wonder if the only mod other than TT was to go and modify the speed limiter when nothing else was done to the car.