good luck (gustav peoples...)

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
It's almost like a sick joke. I mean, look at what they are watching. One after another after another.

atl_overview.gif

BTW Tanya, I didn't realize you were just across I-75 from me now. Good luck with those stray bands that are coming off of Gustav. Those can be pretty nasty.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I'm worried about my friend Amanda who lives in Louisiana, i've thankfully persuaded her to gtfo and escape to arkansas until it passes, but i'm concerned she might not get everything packed and loaded in order to get on the interstate before they close it....btw, why would you close a potential escape route?

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
They aren't closing it. They are closing the southbound lane and allowing all four lanes to be used for northbound traffic.

I think Noah is stuck at home....

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I love storms, if I had the chance, I would travel to each and every potential landfall to witness them. I'm just insane like that.

I've been through (most not direct hits):

Hurricane Gloria (Massachusetts, 1985)
Hurricane Bob (Massachusetts, 1991)
Hurricane Georges (Florida, 1998)
Hurricane Charley (Florida, 2004)
Hurricane Frances (Florida, 2004)
Hurricane Jeanne (Florida, 2004)
Hurricane Katrina (Florida, 2005)
Hurricane Rita (Florida, 2005)
Hurricane Wilma (Florida, 2005)

Hurricane Wilma was the most direct hit, the eyewall slamming into Southwest Florida as a Category 3 hurricane (130mph). It was the first (and last) time I ever went to a hurricane shelter.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Katrina was just a bitch Cat 1 when she passed over Florida. Was really boring until she hit the gulf and blew up into a monster. NO is lucky it died to a cat 3 before landfall, if it had hit as a cat 5, there'd have been close to NO hope for survival

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
suprahero;1117822 said:
Jugodegolf is on his way to my house now. Hopefully everyone makes it to a safe place soon.

I missed his call today as I fell asleep waiting on the Bama game. He must have been in my area, or on the way over this way. I'm nervously watching this storm, thinking we will be OK in Alabama. You never know with these damn things. I think the weather folks have gotten a little crazy with warnings. For now, they are forcasting a direct hit on New Orleans. I wonder if they are hiding any info in an attempt to make those people move. We get freaking tornado warnings these days every time it rains. A warning is supposed to mean they have seen a damn tornado. Now they say every storm has the potential to produce one so they do a warning. I quit paying them much attention. They have a new system that calls you if you are in the same county as one, so I wait for that to worry. It has happened once! Point is, they are trying to control the masses with fear. I don't like it!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
EVERY one on the Gulf Coast needs to be watching this, NOT just the people in Lousianna. And those who are within 30 miles of the coast from eastern texas to Floridas panhandle need to be ready to GTFO if Gustav makes an erratic course change which is highly likely as it has done it before!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
The line of Louisiana cars heading up I-65 at 2am freaked me out. I made a late night trip to Wally world for supplies, in case we need them. I sure hope it does not come this way, because I will ride it out just like all the others. I've gone through Frederick, Ivan, and Katrina. We are 125 miles east of New Orleans, and got 110 mph winds off of Katrina. That still boggles my mind how big that storm was.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
id get the fuck out of there guys its not worth it. the wind and rain today from outside bands was worse than fay was the whole time it was right over the top of us. its gonna be bad.

my yard flooded in 2 minutes of raining if it turns and comes back for us we're so fucked its not even funny. i hope you guys and all of your belongings whereever it hits come out the best they can.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I haven't heard from George, but I'm going to give him a call in a minute or two. Hopefully he's o.k.

Chris, did you say Noah was stuck at home?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I talked with Noah a while ago. He is planning to stay, but if things change as we know they can quickly, he is gonna come this way, and then head towards Tuscaloosa. I will be staying put, as my parents and the wife's parents are local and refuse to ever leave. We stay so we can help them if need be. We are not in too bad of shape as far as flooding. We do have some trees in the front of the house, but none in the rear where the cars will be.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Noah went and dropped his car off in a safe place, wife went to work at the military base... they won't let her leave. Noah is stuck at home, no car.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Pass Christian MS, if I recall correctly, received the direct hit from Katrina and people keep forgetting that. That place was obliterated. New Orleans just gets all the attention because of the levees breaking from the storm surge, and the subsequent events that followed.

With Gustav, I don't know what will be more catastrophic, the storm or the cluster fuck trying to arrange evacuations. As a FF/Paramedic at DFW Airport and for an air ambulance service, we are awaiting a C-130 to bring patients into DFW and the misinformation and conflicting information we keep getting is becoming frustrating. Nobody seems to know what's going on. So, we're just sitting around waiting for a plane that may or may not ever come. We also hear the FEMA is going to set up camp here at DFW too. Who knows. I just hope everyone gets out safe a you Scott, stay safe as well. Hopefully this storm won't mess up Gulf Shores, AL since I've got plans to be there Sept 12.