Going FFIM, what throttle body to use

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
Hey guys, I'm going FFIM and was just wondering everyone is using? I've noticed a lot of guys are using the q45 throttle body. Is the q45 a little overkill? I have an upgraded ct but will be going t4 later on down the road. What are most of you guys using?

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
im using a 1uz TB. it not quiet as big as a Q45 i dont think, but its a 3 in.

all of them will need a custom cable for the most part.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The other thing I initially found with the Q45 TB that took a little getting used to was how "touchy" or "twitchy" your pedal became. I suppose due to the amount of air coming in.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I'd say go with something smaller than a Q45 - the only way I was able to tame down the twitchiness was to make a new eccentric throttle lever and tune it with the AEM ecu. On the stock ecu, even with the new throttle lever, it was way too jumpy.

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
Thanks guys for the input! That 75mm looks like it would be a good match. Has anyone used the mustang throttle bodies?

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
Here's my input:

-The Stang is N/A meaning you'll get an actual reading of throttle position, not 0% or 100%
-No coolant lines going to the TB to warm your air up
-You'll get to keep to some torque since you'll only upping the diameter 5mm, not 20mm
-If you're going stand alone, you'll have your choice of cold start idle-up control: Stepper, PWM...
-It looks clean.

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
The TB comes with a TPS calibrated for a Mustang. I don't know what kind of Ohm readings the TB gives out. Unless you adapt the 7M TPS to the TB, your readings might be off. You can also use a plate to make a flange for the factory TB so you can plug everything back up.