glad i took my car out of winter storage

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
After turkey day I was only going to be back at school for a week and then return home to work, so I figure might as well bring the supra with. Well today I was supposed to return home and I go outside and find this.....winter is officially here in illinois

p437950_1.jpg

p437950_2.jpg

i moved some of the snow away so i can get in the car, but the whole car was pretty much covered

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
btw the car is now going to be sitting till the snow is completely gone....mickey Thompson ET streets in the rear and bad weather do not mix....not gonna risk crashing the car

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!
I don't think I could handle that......
I'd be afraid the of what the snow was doing to my paint.
She will never see snow....
I love Cali.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
theKnifeArtist said:
what a regular car cover protect from the effects of snow?

It's not so much the snow that will do the car bad unless youre talking about traction, but the salt sure does suck for the car. but ya, a car cover should fare well being youre just a pa/jerz guy like me.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
haha that's nothing.. my supra was covered with a good foot and a half of snow sitting on it... looked like I had lowered the car almost an inch... so sad.. I got all the snow off of it tho and I made room in the garage for it... fired her up after sitting for nearly a month and it fired up first turn of the key and ran beautifully for half an hour.. I'm glad i'm getting her painted soon..

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
ChadMKIII said:
Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!
I don't think I could handle that......
I'd be afraid the of what the snow was doing to my paint.
She will never see snow....
I love Cali.

You should be afraid of what the sun is doing to your paint. Snow really doesn't do much damage to paint.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ pfft. what about ACID SNOW, jeff!? haha. ;)

-shaeff

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I tried to make it to Dekalb today to get my check, I got to Belvidere....The roads are F@CKED from there to Dekalb, it's still drifting bad.