Getting Dynoed, Lexus Question

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I'm hitting fuel cut at my wastegate's lowest setting, so off to the dyno to get tuned. I'm not running 550s, just an upgraded fuel pump and AFPR to bump up my pressure. I just don't want to run lean on the way to the dyno. I read somewhere that if I don't WOT then the ECU will steal read off the O2 sensor and I won't detonate. Just want to confirm. Otherwise I'll just install the Lexus in the dyno parking lot.

Also just to double check, I re-use my stock electronics not the Lexus electronics, correct?

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
iirc, yes. use the stock electronics, not the lexus. but then again, ive heard of people using the lexus electronics with no issues.

time for more research.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Well back from the dyno, still hitting fuel cut at about 16psi. It doesn't matter though because my clutch slips that high anyway. Put down 347hp at 15 psi.

For anyone wondering I didn't run out of fuel with the 440s. Just bumped up the fuel pressure to about 40psi and it was fine. At first my A/F ratio was lean off the scale. So if your properly tuned with the Lexus AFM, no need for 550s as long as your fuel system is adequate.

Attachments

• dyno2.jpg
    dyno2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 37
  • dyno3.jpg
    dyno3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I just got it rebuilt/upgraded by a local shop called BNR Supercars. It's a hybrid with a stage 3 garrett impeller, and he clipped the exhaust 12 degrees. He works on the CT-26s pretty often so he worked out a good combination for my power goals. Don't know the exact trim size but I think its close to the 60 trim. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with it as I made over 300rwhp at 10psi (lowest wastegate setting).

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Supporting fuel mods of course. Got 3" turbo elbow, downpipe, exhaust, 3" IC pipes, bigaaron IC. Thats major ones, rest listed in my little vbpic gallery.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
staticpat said:
Well back from the dyno, still hitting fuel cut at about 16psi. It doesn't matter though because my clutch slips that high anyway. Put down 347hp at 15 psi.

For anyone wondering I didn't run out of fuel with the 440s. Just bumped up the fuel pressure to about 40psi and it was fine. At first my A/F ratio was lean off the scale. So if your properly tuned with the Lexus AFM, no need for 550s as long as your fuel system is adequate.

Very good numbers! :icon_surp I can't wait to get mine on the rollers soon!:icon_bigg Were you running the Lex or not? I'm also .57 Trim, stock inj./Aeromotive Vfpr, Lex maf.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great job Staticpat!!!!!Did you go to Trussville to get dynod? Brian at BNR is the one who made my Garret to4e. He seems to be pretty knowledgeable about turbos. He builds rx7's pretty strong. Now maybe you can come out to Bama and do some mustang killing with me. See you soon.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yeah I went down to BNR on your reccomendation. And got dynoed at Walker in Trussville. Its something I've been meaning to do forever. The car runs great now (save some leaky valve cover gaskets) so I'll start driving it now. Blake actually told me to go try and race some Z06s :D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If you need some valve cover gaskets, I have a set that isn't even a month old. I put new ones on when I did my head gasket rebuild, but had just put the other ones on to stop an oil leak a month earlier. You can have them if you want them. Free, no charge, nada, zero, no finance charge, no interest.
I hope everyone has a great easter. Hope everyone makes it to their families and back safely...........lol