• Poll closed .

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
5-5-supra-meet.jpg

www.csquaredperformance.com

***We will be meeting at the skylift lot***

Addresses – I tested both of the following “addresses”, and they both
show up up on Google maps and my phone navigation.

The Park:
Stone Mountain Park
U.S. Highway 78 East, Exit 8
Stone Mountain, GA 30087

The skylift lot (this is the exact location we’ll be meeting) :
GA 30086 (Stone Mountain Park Skylift)

Directions to 78:
www.stonemountainpark.com/maps-directions/driving-directions.aspx

Directions from 78:

-US 78 east (stone mountain highway)
-Take exit 8 which is/becomes Jefferson Davis Dr.
-Bear left to Robert E. Lee BLVD.
-Right on Memorial Hall Circle (first big lot on your right)

Map of the park:
www.stonemountainpark.com/maps-directions/map-of-park.aspx

Keep in mind we may eventually move to a more secluded lot if it is
crowded, but feel free to call me if you can’t find us (four-oh-for-three-one-seven-for-six-ate-six). It’s spelled out oddly so my phone doesn’t get blown up with spam calls/texts. I should be there a little bit early as well.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Alright so I will chime in here. First off Diego I may have some 89+ grill inserts for you, ie I have some but I don't know if I will end up using them in my wifes car, hopefully not, some custom cf stuff for us would be nice. Second I am kind of offended by "keep your ugly dd out of the pics". I, as have most of the ppl on here that have nice cars have to put them down for a while to get stuff done. Mine has been down for 3 years for all the work I have done to it. Anyways, I know I will not have mine done in time and dont care. I am busy doing a 2j swap in my friends mk3. We should get back to love of supras and not gripe about what ppls dds are. Hell my dd for many years was my supra, then I put it down for restore and mod. Im sure Diego can understand or will since he is starting his rebuild. My dd is a dodge ram 98 model that gets me around, if you dont respect my devotion and love for supras then you dont know me or know what I have done for supra owners in the area.

Anyways point is I should be out as well as my wife. But not one of my 3 supras will be there. If you think you are better then me or have a problem with my accord, just because im not in a supra maybe your head should shrink. I wont say anything about what my car will be like when its done or what my wifes will be like when its done, but for now you should respect our drive for getting our supras where we want them. BTW this is not to anyone specific but to anyone who says you are not a supra person without a driving supra. I will thank you for driving my passion further to get the 2j swap done on my friends car and getting my car done and my wifes so we can have some of the nicest mk3 supras around then we see what ppl say.

Diego any help you need just ask and I will be there to help you along because I know the long road you are on. DreamerTheresa if you are still reading this after this long rant, I still want to meet you and mike. Maybe we can have lunch in Norcross some time if you guys are free. Also once I get my car in a driveable state again(hopefully this summer) we need to have a proper supra meet. I still have some friends in racing places so I can setup a supra free run on road atlanta, which would be just awesome but I know far for you but I figure worth it. Better than watching drag racing at lanier raceway at least.

Im just gonna leave this at that.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
LOL.
Relax, Jason- let's just plan on taking a couple of "ugly DD attendees" pics at this meet.
I think at this point, everybody here knows that, even if some of us have to come without our supras, we will still be coming to support and meet up with those that do,
AND those that are working on their cars. I honestly just want to meet the other SM members face to face.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
metaphysico;1835133 said:
Alright so I will chime in here. First off Diego I may have some 89+ grill inserts for you, ie I have some but I don't know if I will end up using them in my wifes car, hopefully not, some custom cf stuff for us would be nice. Second I am kind of offended by "keep your ugly dd out of the pics". I, as have most of the ppl on here that have nice cars have to put them down for a while to get stuff done. Mine has been down for 3 years for all the work I have done to it. Anyways, I know I will not have mine done in time and dont care. I am busy doing a 2j swap in my friends mk3. We should get back to love of supras and not gripe about what ppls dds are. Hell my dd for many years was my supra, then I put it down for restore and mod. Im sure Diego can understand or will since he is starting his rebuild. My dd is a dodge ram 98 model that gets me around, if you dont respect my devotion and love for supras then you dont know me or know what I have done for supra owners in the area.

Anyways point is I should be out as well as my wife. But not one of my 3 supras will be there. If you think you are better then me or have a problem with my accord, just because im not in a supra maybe your head should shrink. I wont say anything about what my car will be like when its done or what my wifes will be like when its done, but for now you should respect our drive for getting our supras where we want them. BTW this is not to anyone specific but to anyone who says you are not a supra person without a driving supra. I will thank you for driving my passion further to get the 2j swap done on my friends car and getting my car done and my wifes so we can have some of the nicest mk3 supras around then we see what ppl say.

Diego any help you need just ask and I will be there to help you along because I know the long road you are on. DreamerTheresa if you are still reading this after this long rant, I still want to meet you and mike. Maybe we can have lunch in Norcross some time if you guys are free. Also once I get my car in a driveable state again(hopefully this summer) we need to have a proper supra meet. I still have some friends in racing places so I can setup a supra free run on road atlanta, which would be just awesome but I know far for you but I figure worth it. Better than watching drag racing at lanier raceway at least.

Im just gonna leave this at that.

Dude you need to get over that comment and get a reality check. In what universe does me wanting some nice group supra shots question your devotion, take away from the love of Supras or question what you've done for the community? I fully expect half of the folks to show up in a daily (with a broke ass supra sitting at home on jack stands), because that's just the nature of owning a 20+ year old car. My car was down for over 3 years as well, and is only just recently road worthy (was also my daily for 4-5 years before that). So, let's not pretend that I haven't been in your exact position.

My current daily is a 2000 Mistubishi eclipse with 190k miles and half a front bumper. On colder days the valves chatter so loud that it sounds like a diesel. Yes, I've brought that car to meets, without shame (I just don't expect people to want anything to do with it). After I have enough funding to upgrade the daily, the supra will be going down yet again (this time for paint), and god knows for how long.

Moral of the story... I don't know you... Just like you don't know me. I don't make assumptions about your car or your personality, and I would expect the same amount of respect from you. I truly hope you take the high road from here as opposed to calling me out any further over some childish bs that you decided to misconstrue and write a rant about .

How about this: "Thanks Chris for taking your time to organize a meetup so I can hang out and make friends with with some of the local supra enthusiasts". Not asking for recognition in the slightest (all I want is to have a good time), but the last thing I thought I would be called for my efforts is big headed. Also, I apologize that this doesn't qualify as a "proper" supra meet.

You leave it at that, and I'll still look forward to meeting you and shaking your hand on Saturday (no matter what the hell you decide to drive).

Last edited:

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
I went off more then I should have but feel like we get too much crap if we own a supra and its not on the road.

What I mean by a proper supra meet is, an large scale organized event where we can run on Road Atlanta for an hour or run autocross somewhere. Not that this meet is not going to be a good meet, just if we could get some track time we should be able to get in all the supra owners in the area. Not just a hand full. Still good to see supra if its few or many though.

Also my wife wants to setup a Georgia Supras group on facebook. Anyone know if there is one yet, or has any input on that.

micheesupra

Jul 31, 2011
Georgia
The skylift lot (this is the exact location we’ll be meeting) :
GA 30086 (Stone Mountain Park Skylift)

??? When I look on the map it says skyride. Is this where you mean or am I missing something?

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
According to the stone mountain website it is skylift. But if you follow those directions I listed from 78, then it will lead you right to that lot. Also open up the stone mountain map. You can see there's a lot on that map that also says skylift.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
metaphysico;1835312 said:
I went off more then I should have but feel like we get too much crap if we own a supra and its not on the road.

What I mean by a proper supra meet is, an large scale organized event where we can run on Road Atlanta for an hour or run autocross somewhere. Not that this meet is not going to be a good meet, just if we could get some track time we should be able to get in all the supra owners in the area. Not just a hand full. Still good to see supra if its few or many though.

Also my wife wants to setup a Georgia Supras group on facebook. Anyone know if there is one yet, or has any input on that.

I am down for a track meet. And post up the link if you guys create the group. I searched and it doesn't look like there is one.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ATL88Supra;1835407 said:
holy dick cheese peoples need to chill, i am gona show up in my dodge ram, with my SLR Camera and take some nice pictures

You want some too? Im jk. Hopefully the weather holds out for tomorrow.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
The skylift lot is right next to where the carving is on Stone Mountain. Its a smaller lot, but should have plenty of available parking. Say Cramer- is there anything i could bring that you'll need?

Ps- so far, looks like good weather AND ill be in town!

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I am going to bring 4 Little Cesar's Pizzas, 2 twelve packs of soda, some chips, paper plates and napkins. So you whatever you can think to bring, will be helpful.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Beware of speed traps

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
cramerizking;1835563 said:
I am going to bring 4 Little Cesar's Pizzas, 2 twelve packs of soda, some chips, paper plates and napkins. So you whatever you can think to bring, will be helpful.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Beware of speed traps

wow dude, do you need some money? i am no good with this kinda stuff lol

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Hey-
It was good to meet all you guys today. I enjoyed checking out the Supras.
I do hope I can get my Supra to a future meet, but it probably won't be till the fall.

p1835740_1.jpg

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Thanks to everyone who came out.

Vsv pic:
2012-05-05_18-54-23_716.jpg

If the one you need isn't in there i can look again. But these are all the ones i found. They are now in the back of my daily.

Will post some meet pics when i get home later.

supra guy scotty

Bass akwards...
Jul 22, 2006
Hoschton, GA.
cramerizking;1835766 said:
Thanks to everyone who came out.

Vsv pic:
2012-05-05_18-54-23_716.jpg

If the one you need isn't in there i can look again. But these are all the ones i found. They are now in the back of my daily.

Will post some meet pics when i get home later.

Thanks man, i'll take all of them that you want to get rid of!!!

It was awesome meeting you and your lovely lady, and everyone else that came out! Here are the few pics I took with my phone ..

p1835770_1.jpg

p1835770_2.jpg

p1835770_3.jpg

p1835770_4.jpg

p1835770_5.jpg

p1835770_6.jpg

p1835770_7.jpg

p1835770_8.jpg

p1835770_9.jpg

Scotty