Gearhead Garage — A Focus on the MK3

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Hey guys!

I wanted to post something that my crew and I have been working tirelessly on. After years of dreaming about doing it, I finally took the initiative with the help of some tremendously talented friends, and created my own webseries about cars called Gearhead Garage. I'm an actor as well as a massive Gearhead, and I figured it was about time I combine the two things I love in my life.

If you've got a moment, please checkout the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udVnBcdpyPw

What I'm doing is featuring folks like us who work on and build their project/dream cars. The first episode will be focused on the MK3/Supra because that's the community I've been a lifelong member of and would love to provide exposure for it. For upcoming episodes, we have two 60's E-Type Jaguars, a '73 Datsun, and an '02 Acura NSX, just to name a few. We're finding our market responding all over the US, in the U.K., and in Ireland.

I'll shoot straight with you. This is a Kickstarter campaign which means we are fundraising to make our first season. This community, our community has given me so much insight, support, and knowledge over the years and I've come across some really awesome people along the way. I think it's time we shine a light on the Gearheads of this world to see some amazing builds, and even better people.

Anything you guys can do will be greatly appreciated.

Ways you can be involved:

1) If you can spare anything, and I mean even $1, it will help us out tremendously. We've already received 15% of our budget in about 4 days, which is absolutely amazing and incredibly exciting! To donate please visit our Kickstarter page linked above, and here.

2) By liking and sharing our Facebook page here, following us and re-graming our photos on Instagram here, and you can also visit our webpage at www.GearHDGarage.com.

3) By posting our Kickstarter, YouTube, or Vimeo links in any other car forum you're involved with. The more communities we can reach, the better!

You can watch the extended version with our pitch on our Kickstarter page which includes some behind the scenes shots of our days of shooting.

Zach was a tremendous help to us by getting my MK3 running the day before shooting on the ECUMaster DET3. Josh (Dok33) and Brent have been huge supporters in our project and I hope we can get them in for features on the show!

Thank you guys so much for your time!

Nick
Gearhead Garage
www.GearHDGarage.com
GearHDGarage@gmail.com

Another video: Spent some time at my buddy Paul's garage and decided to shoot a little feature for our "One Week Out" mark. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jipR5BTqFiE

Last edited:

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
This is really cool definitely spreading the word as best I can and tuning in for more! Have you posted this on Supraforums yet?

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Seoul4korea: We had one but my cinematographer ended up using a jib for most of the shots. We're still looking at getting one just for some neat aspect shots for our future episodes.

Maxburn: Thank you so much man! I appreciate the support. I haven't posted it over there but I'm about to.

Thanks guys!!

Nick
Gearhead Garage
www.GearHDGarage.com
gearhdgarage@gmail.com

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Glad you're getting the word out, the trailer was killer and I dig your vision for the series. The passion and people behind the cars are my favorite aspects of the hobby, being able to accomplish something like an engine swap with the help of others and then sharing what you learned to help someone else be successful is extremely rewarding. I'm really looking forward to where this is headed and would be honored to be involved!

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
dok33;2027140 said:
Glad you're getting the word out, the trailer was killer and I dig your vision for the series. The passion and people behind the cars are my favorite aspects of the hobby, being able to accomplish something like an engine swap with the help of others and then sharing what you learned to help someone else be successful is extremely rewarding. I'm really looking forward to where this is headed and would be honored to be involved!

Josh! Thanks so much man, I really appreciate that. I met with Rodel and a few others in the SoCal Supra community today... It looks like the first Supra episode keeps growing!!! :) Before we know it, this episode will take our whole budget haha.

Again, I appreciate the support man! I'll holler when I'm in Texas again. I'd love to see your car and finally meet you in person before we start filming.

Nick
Gearhead Garage
www.GearHDGarage.com
gearhdgarage@gmail.com

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Hey folks!

Just wanted to drop in for an update and give y'all a list of the members who've supported us and cars to feature so far!

A list of members already involved and interested:
Zach Denney with ECUMaster USA
Rodel Aquino (Donated)
Brent Ackerman (Donated)
Josh Simon
Kevin Shannahan
Jonathan Gautier
Rick Haiman

A list of cars to feature:
4+ MK3 Supras.
1 MK4 Supra
'67 E-Type Jaguar
'63 E-Type Jaguar
'63 Split Window Corvette
2 '65 Mustangs
2 '73 Datsun 240Zs
'71 Datsun 510
'89 BMW M3
2nd Gen Dodge Charger
'02 Acura NSX
'14 Evo X
Shin Yoshikawa's '63 Lotus Elite

Also if anyone could kindly just share the link on Reddit, we would be extremely grateful!

Take care and keep on wrenching!

Nick

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
I spent some time in my buddy Paul's garage here in Los Angeles and we decided to film a little feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jipR5BTqFiE

We have one week left! With your help, we can do this!!!

Seriously, thank you guys so much for the gift of donations and support. Thank you to those who've donated and to those who are thinking about it, we urge you to consider simply the price of a Starbucks coffee and pastry as a donation.

Tell your friends, your parents, anyone you think may be interested in donating. No donation is too small. And no donation is too large either.

Take care y'all! Keep on wrenchin’!

Nick

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Wow. I need to dig deeper in the forums more often. I can't believe I'm just seeing this. I love the idea. That's a Texas car in the trailer. Whereabouts are ya'll? I'm northwest of Fort Worth.

I pledged. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
gtsfirefighter;2031229 said:
Wow. I need to dig deeper in the forums more often. I can't believe I'm just seeing this. I love the idea. That's a Texas car in the trailer. Whereabouts are ya'll? I'm northwest of Fort Worth.

I pledged. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I got approved for this section so that's where I posted. I agree, I think theres a definite market for this but now the problem is getting people to see it. We filmed in Arlington actually. :)

We've got 9 hours to go!!! We're nearly at 68% completion of our Kickstarter goal! We're tremendously grateful for the support shown already but TODAY is the FINAL day of the fundraiser!!!

Anything y'all can do would be hugely appreciated!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1560754053/gearhead-garage?ref=nav_search

Thanks guys!

Nick

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Just now found this! I left a comment on your facebook page. The trailer was great and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Keep the focus on the cars and you've got a real winner.

If you'd like I'd be happy to link give a link to your youtube (or whatever page you prefer) on my website homepage. Anything to help further the mk3/car enthusiast cause! Let me know.

www.yotamd.com

Atlas

You call this a sandwich?
Aug 22, 2012
Clovis CA
I'm interested in the Lotus Elite, I hope it's a track car! Can't wait to see the show, good luck!

Edit....wait, Shin Yoshikawa, the cut away pencil artist!? Damn, now I'm excited!!