Gauging Interest: Whiteline Adjustable FRONT Swaybars (Reign_Maker approved)

Would you be interested in Front Whiteline Adjustable Swaybars

• Total voters

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
Hey folks;

I'm just finished working out all the formalities to get whiteline to make MK2 front and rear adjustable sway bars so I thought I'd see if there was any MK3 interest. Whiteline already makes rear adjustable sway bars for the MK3 but they dont' have a front application yet.

The basic theory behind the use of adjustable sway bars is that by shortening or lengthening the effective 'length' of the arm you are increasing or reducing the leverage that bar has. In layman's terms you are effectively taking a bar of one diameter and giving it the properties of multiple bars.

Here is a generic picture of a Whiteline adjustable SwayBar

Blade_01.jpg

In order to get this done we will need a minimum of 15 confirmend sales. Expect initial pricing to be roughly $155usd + shipping/bar. For those of you who didn't take advantage of my two Toyota Nation/Celica Supra Whiteline Group buys I can offer you the rear bar for $155usd also when you buy the front bar.

Voting will be set up and I would appreciate if only those who were seriously interested voted. This is NOT a group buy it is only a thread to generate interest. If there is enough interest I will pm Reign_Maker again asking his permission to post an official group buy.

From start to finish this whole process can take upto 6 months to get the bar designed; produced; shipped to the US and shipped to your door.

The only thing we will need in order to get this done is a test vehicle in the Minto; Australia region. If you have a MK3 and need an adjustable front sway bar and can help out please pm me...without this there is no way to get this done.

A Kind request:

It is very difficult to try to organize these type of threads and keep track of all the responses so please keep this on topic. If you have no interest in the product or think you know of a better one please start your own thread. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Do the poll options mean "Yes I'll be interested in 6 months when it's done"?

I definately cannot commit to it right to it right now, but in as little as 2-3 months I could, and in 6 months I'll be 100% sure to purchase both bars.

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
jdub said:
Will these include end links?

Typically whitelines bars only contain the bar to chassis bushings and not the endlinks or endlink bushings. This is something that can be looked into once the engineers at whiteline get their hands on a car.

Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
Do the poll options mean "Yes I'll be interested in 6 months when it's done"?

If I had unlimited funds at my disposal yes :). Generally speaking this is how it would work if a group buy was to go through and we had a test vehicle:

• You could pay a deposit of $75/bar to confirm your interest
  • Design and production would take approximately 6 months as indicated
  • Prior to me shipping the product you would pay for the balance of the order and shipping.
This way I dont' have to front the huge amount of money to start this and you don't have to pay $155+ shipping and wait for 6months...it's a win/win scenario.

Keep the questions coming guys...some pretty good ones so far.

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
can someone explain the main purpose of these sway bars? Like.. for example in my case, would it be worth the money to buy if I drive from work and college and back on the freeway.. or is this like, track only improvements.

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
JoeC said:
can someone explain the main purpose of these sway bars? Like.. for example in my case, would it be worth the money to buy if I drive from work and college and back on the freeway.. or is this like, track only improvements.

Joe;

Aftermarket sway bars have 2 main purposes: to improve your vehicles overall balance in terms of over/understeer and to increase your vehicles resitance to 'rolling'.

These being adjustable give you the ability to 'tune' the amount of over/understeer you dial in. In order to give you something to compare it to: a standand non-adjustable sway bar would be similar to a fuel cut defender and the adjustable sway bar would a maft-pro.

If you only need 12psi and dont' care about anything else the FCD will be more than adequate for you; but for those looking for all out adjustability the maft-pro is the way to go. The same logic can be applied to sway bars.

In regards to your specific questions if you're just looking to improve the overall handling of your vehicle than the non-adjustables will more than suit your needs. But if you're looking to really fine tune the handling dynamics of your vehicle than adjustables are the way to go and are only about $50 more/pair so they're a great bargain.

HTH

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
damn... i'll be getting sways before 6 months :-/... WELL before 6 months

scratch my "i can pay right now" :-/ if they were already made... i'd be all over it

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
If have never seen the Tanabe's or driven a car equipped with them so I could not give a fair comparison. Whiteline's swaybar division has been around since the 1960; I've probabably sold about 75 of their bars in the last year and from customer feed back is outstanding. Not only that Whitelines customer service and technical support is second to none in the industry. Any vendor here who has dealt with them before can vouch for me when I say this.

I will get the specs on the std front and adjustable rear bar and update this post early next week. We will not have specs on the adjustable front bar until the prototype is nearing completion.

ToySup88

Apr 8, 2005
Twin Cities
I currently have the STs and looking for some comparison information. Are the Whiteline SBs hollow or solid? How bout diameter?

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
Just got word back from Whiteline; they don't release tension spec's of their bars only the diameter.

Issue's like endlinks and bushings will be looked at in detail only if this is a go and we get a car there to use as a prototype.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
An adjustable front sway-bar will only help with understeer/oversteer characteristics of the Supra if we can soffent them... The stock front sway is fine for handling given stiffer suspension springs...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Can you upload a picture? I can't see the one you've got. I guess it's some kind of protection on the computer.................:3d_frown:

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
I didn't manage to take any shots of any of the MK3 bars that I've sold. Here's a pix of a Volvo bar that gives you a general idea of what the adjustable bar will look like.

Attachments

• BVR11Z.jpg
    BVR11Z.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 37