Gauging interest for new FUSB!!! From Ramsin Engineering!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
Some of you know that I have a habit of having custom parts made. Now, I have an opportunity again of having another custom part made just for us.

Well, here's a pic of what I'm talking about. I want this and I know so do most of you guys do also.

Having a FUSB made and stiffens up the more than anything available easily out there now can be ours for cheap!!!! under $$$$. Wait to see the price!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bolts up to the strut towers and the chassis. tell me where to buy it because I can't find it anywhere.

I need at least 5 people including myself so 4 other people to want this. Come on now, check out some of the custom carbon fiber stuff that I had made.

http://socalsupras.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8104

http://socalsupras.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7762

http://socalsupras.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8402

- Dawly

Last edited:

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
My IC piping isn't stock either so, this will be made to fit non-stock piping and stock piping.

p1379282_1.jpg

This is just to show you a pic of my non stock piping.

Last edited:

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
I'm fairly confident that anybody who wants one like that and has money to purchase one can also afford to have one fabricated locally. Just takes a sixty dollar harbor freight tubing bender and knowing somebody who tig welds.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Well seeing as regular strut bars don't do anything but make the engine bay look shiny on our suspension type I don't see a whole lot of stiffness being gained from tying it into the firewall as well.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^agreed. i wouldn't want to put unnecessary holes in my body if its not going to do any good. specially since they don't serve any purpose other than looks for or cars

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
Ok then, get it for the looks. :icon_razz

I'd just would like to know if anyone would be interested.

edit - but of course before anyone buys they want to see the finished product first. My car will be sent down friday and I'll go from there.

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
^Thanks, it took me forever to find the rear.

I don't want to get a debate going with strut bars so I'll just say....." it's a really nice shiney part for the engine bay". It will be made from billet steel from what I have been told. It's the same material as the pic of my bro's wife's civic.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
CP racing used to make ones like that for the front & rear, but I think they went out of business. Here is a picture of their MK2 supra bar (couldn't find a mk3 pic -- it wasn't in web archive)

p1379740_1.jpg

They primarily sold on ebay for $150-$175, but were made to order so not many people got them. They also had no adjustability, so a lot of people had fitment issues...

If you're serious about making these, add a turnbuckle to each arm so you can adjust the length to fit better (and to allow preload)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Gauging intrest threads?

Sorry no.

thread closed.

Send GrimJack a message about applying for group buy. Intrest threads are only dreams and never turn out well

Status
Not open for further replies.