gas tank drain plug?

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
was looking for it but cant find it. search already but nothing. have half tank of 91 so wanting to use it since the supra is dead. lol.. also do i have to drop the tank or no?

also, forgot to mention. about the greddy type s bov, i was reading about how people mod it into single spring. is there any reason to be running that or i mean pros and cons about it?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
is on the bottom of the fuel tank no need to pull off the tank. I use a socket wrench with an extension. just put the extension in the little square hole and start turning.

Noefearsupra

Oct 12, 2011
Ohio
S.A. supra;1773925 said:
is on the bottom of the fuel tank no need to pull off the tank. I use a socket wrench with an extension. just put the extension in the little square hole and start turning.
+1

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I'd just unhook the fuel line from the rail put a hose on it into a can then jumper the fuel pump relay, if you pull the drain plug you better have a 30 litre+ container ready as there's no stopping it once the plug is out short of getting a gas shower...

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
ma70undercarriage2.jpg

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
IJ.;1773933 said:
I'd just unhook the fuel line from the rail put a hose on it into a can then jumper the fuel pump relay, if you pull the drain plug you better have a 30 litre+ container ready as there's no stopping it once the plug is out short of getting a gas shower...

forgot to do this when i took out the motor lol

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
IJ.;1773946 said:
Just need to power up the fuel pump relay, much safer than a Gas Bath ;)

explain please? i think i know what your trying to say but i want to be sure what your saying lol

tfhorst

Nov 2, 2011
pittsburgh
So I am taking a gas bath by pulling the plug on my tank tomorrow. No choice. Looking for suggestions on what to catch half a tank of gas in.....lot of gas. And I am onlt going to. Be able to raise her maybe 2 foot.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Buy a pair of chemical gloves and stick the plug back in when you fill a gas can up. Use a few 5 gallon gas cans and a funnel, or maybe buy a few of those 5 gallon oil change pans that have a closed top and a built in funnel. You'll still make a mess. The gas just pours out so fast.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Mynes_3;1773984 said:
explain please? i think i know what your trying to say but i want to be sure what your saying lol

First thing you do is disconnect the fuel line and direct it into a bucket. (big hose and gas cans help here)

Go to the diagnostic connector under the hood and connect FP to B+ and turn the key on. That turns the fuel pump on. Watch the gas pump stream, once it starts to peter out pull the pin back out of the diagnostic connector.

To be honest I would never suggest draining the tank with the plug on the bottom, they always seem to leak afterwards. I've pulled a full tank down by myself and while its not the easiest thing in the world, its far from impossible and saves from the leakage! (i.e. doing the job again)

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
toyotanos;1774152 said:
Go to the diagnostic connector under the hood and connect FP to B+ and turn the key on. That turns the fuel pump on. Watch the gas pump stream, once it starts to peter out pull the pin back out of the diagnostic connector.

mind i get a pic of where the fp meet b+? thanks for the info tho.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I drained about 9 gallons of gas from the drain plug. I ended up using lots of buckets/gas cans. It is pretty messy and a shitty process. It is quick, but I would go about the cleaner way of doing it with the fuel pump.

Also, don't throw your glove into the wind and have it be blown into the huge ass bucket of gasoline. BTDT.