Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
stevenr816;1922631 said:
If second isn't staying, regardless it sound like the thrust washer.

Does it go into gears easy with the car off? If so its something keeping the clutch engaged.

Next test, put it in gear and keep the clutch down if it starts to kill the motor you know you have a hydraulic leak. Check the back of the firewall for leakage, and the slave leaking out of the seal (pull the boot off)

Last, make sure there's no excess play in the clutch pedal when your going to press down on it, like misadjusted or something loose causing slop. You can adjust it out if need be.

If its none of that its something clutch related either the pp or disk.

i didn't see any fluid anywhere leaking. all the lines were dry. i did notice when he pressed the clutch, it looked like there was a little play in the slave so i tightened the two bolts and he said it felt a small smidget better, but not enough to cure the problem.

sounds like the pedal needs to be adjusted? i personally didn't feel his pedal so i didn't realize it wasn't disengaging till the end of the pedal throw.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
There is an adjustment on the pedal itself where it bolts to the master cylinder. When I replaced mine, I had to re-adjust the master cylinder push rod to my pedal or the clutch was just starting to move as soon as the pedal hit the floor.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
Pulled apart the trans Jordan had in the car before he put mine in. No signs of catastrophic damage, it's rebuildable.

p1922911_1.jpg

p1922911_2.jpg

p1922911_3.jpg

p1922911_4.jpg

p1922911_5.jpg

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
The pics just tell us that he didnt strip gears lol. You have to start disassembling to get to the thrust washer. Did the forks look broken at all?

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
btw i forgot to mention.... i found a small ball... looks like a ball from a ball bearing just hang out inside at the bottom of the trans. any idea what that is? where it belongs? could that be our issue?