Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Turbo Habanero;1895538 said:
Lol well obviously plastic is not gonna last very long....:) give me a alittle more credit they are just there to help hold it n place until I go get proper clamps for it.

I might just send it to get ceramic coated instead. Still up in the air.

The wrap didn't come with the metal ties? I put some on somebody's LT1 Impala because his no name headers burned the ignition wires. They came with the hardware.

nrdriver

Mar 2, 2012
salem oregon
wowsers. this thread is crazy. i would go bat ass crazy if i were you but i give you props for treadin on. my supra drives me crazy just gettin it to be reliable for my wife to drive lol

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Albert;1895842 said:
Ceramic coat it done

Did it.

Nick M;1896197 said:
The wrap didn't come with the metal ties? I put some on somebody's LT1 Impala because his no name headers burned the ignition wires. They came with the hardware.

Unfortunately they didn't.

nrdriver;1896353 said:
wowsers. this thread is crazy. i would go bat ass crazy if i were you but i give you props for treadin on. my supra drives me crazy just gettin it to be reliable for my wife to drive lol

Thanks.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So I'm thinking of buying the Arizona Performance 13in Wilwood big brake kit. (4 piston) but am curious if ill have issues with my 17in mk4 wheels

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Thanks Absolute

Here's a little update

I got the new piston in and the head was finished and took them both down to DahnsAutomotive Monday

Also just got my cams in today and just waiting on my head gasket to come which was dropped shipped from Tomei no idea when I'll get it hopefully very soon.

p1897636_1.jpg

p1897636_2.jpg

p1897636_3.jpg

p1897636_4.jpg

p1897636_5.jpg

p1897636_6.jpg

Last edited:

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Hate to be a noob but there are just do many posts for me to keep up to date, what is going on now last thing was a video of the car running with the noise issue, your replacing all these parts as they are the issue or ?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
ryansmith;1897645 said:
Hate to be a noob but there are just do many posts for me to keep up to date, what is going on now last thing was a video of the car running with the noise issue, your replacing all these parts as they are the issue or ?

Turns it the noise was from metal shards left on top of the number one piston.

Destroyed the piston and head

So the car is down at a somewhat local to me shop in Phoenix getting fixed.

New piston
More head work
New head gasket was needed
New cams
Also blue printing and mild honing is being done.

We are just waiting on the head gasket.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Turbo Habanero;1897649 said:
Turns it the noise was from metal shards left on top of the number one piston.

Destroyed the piston and head

So the car is down at a somewhat local to me shop in Phoenix getting fixed.

New piston
More head work
New head gasket was needed
New cams
Also blue printing and mild honing is being done.

We are just waiting on the head gasket.

Damn man that's great to hear, always looking on here when there have been depressing updates etc etc but sounds great I'm sure this time round things will be sweet with how much time/work/money that has gone in to the build keen to see a long overdue start up video