Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Dude, it has been a while since i visited your build and just finished reading the whole tihng and OMG i gotta say you don't give up easily. So much has happened within a year lol. Anyway, i'm glad things worked out at the end for you.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Albert;1920952 said:
Stubs where is the F&F nitrous controller?!

Its right next to my custom gearbox and transmission.

p1921049_1.jpg

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
akito;1920923 said:
Dude, it has been a while since i visited your build and just finished reading the whole tihng and OMG i gotta say you don't give up easily. So much has happened within a year lol. Anyway, i'm glad things worked out at the end for you.

Thanks it has been a long journey. And im pretty much over the hill just dodging a few falling rocks on the way down.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Car won't stay on anymore without giving it gas.

I think the idle air control valve took a shit.

It used to be loud and noisy but now I can barely hear it

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
stevenr816;1921341 said:
It might be from the knock sensor wire. Atleast on stock ecu will put it in a limp

I was thinking that but there's a contradiction.

After I found the knock wire the car started acting normal again until I drove down the road.
Somehow the electric fans got shut off and the car started to heat up so I pulled over shut the car off turned the fans back on.

As soon as I turned the car back on the Iidle air control valve seemed like it wasn't working again.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
the fans aren't the problem. his problem may be not having a coolant reservoir. instead of shooting excess coolant and/or sucking it back up to replenish what is missing from the reservoir, it sucks in air.... this maybe the reason he is losing coolant with no visible leaks. also we hooked up the fans as a quick band aid so a few twisted wires and he was ready to go... few weeks pass and it's still on that crappy/quick wire up, so the wires tend to come undone and turn the fans off. i have the fan control relay but we haven't had a chance to put it on. i've run e-fans in tucson and had no issues, only time, if ever is going to higher elevation (Mt Lemmon) where the air gets thinner and that wasn't even my car, i think it was alberts a couple years back.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Hmmmm sounds like once you're a 7m owner..... You're always a 7m owner even if you have 30k in your jz

87supraguy;1922001 said:
also we hooked up the fans as a quick band aid so a few twisted wires and he was ready to go
and its still like this?...wow im surprised at the lack to attention to detail there is in this build. i dont want to be an asshole man but if you let shit like this go on after you have had time to fix it then well might as well set the car on fire and give up. i understand this is your dd and things need to be rushed some times but i mean go back over it and fix it on sundays or what ever your day off is dont be lazy...