Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
So Sean, what's up with your engine? I was sure I was going to lose the race, and now there'sbeen no new activity on this thread for more than a week! Get your engine built so I can stay up until 3 installing an engine that's not my own!
BTW, after trimming/wrapping the the coils and adding dielectric grease, this ignition system is tits. No breakup when in boost and they look so good!

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
toyotanos;1442326 said:
So Sean, what's up with your engine? I was sure I was going to lose the race, and now there'sbeen no new activity on this thread for more than a week! Get your engine built so I can stay up until 3 installing an engine that's not my own!
BTW, after trimming/wrapping the the coils and adding dielectric grease, this ignition system is tits. No breakup when in boost and they look so good!

Good to hear! I have been making progress but it has been halted due to the fact that I forgot a box of bolts at my roommates parents place where I had the supra after it blew. And unfortunately the lower timing cover bolts are in the pile as well as my fittings for the oiling system.

But my head is shimmed and the oil pump bearings are clearanced.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Well I kicked the crank trigger adapter and ended up using the rotary table and machined a trigger wheel on the backside of the pulley so if anyone wants the adapter let me know.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
funky_monkey58;1443280 said:
Well I kicked the crank trigger adapter and ended up using the rotary table and machined a trigger wheel on the backside of the pulley so if anyone wants the adapter let me know.

i thought we already had a deal on it, you never gave me a price. i still want it

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
p1443993_1.jpg

p1443993_2.jpg

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
The fuel rail material and boss tool showed up today thanks to Slow66!

So monday I will be machining myself a fuel rail. The -10 is much much larger than stock.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Well on my way to class today I think I may may broke another volvo transmission.

When I get the car home tonight, and the trans is bad I think I may just sell it and do up some public transit and get my jeep back on the road.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Today, cut the injector boss's into my -10 fuel rail, that will be finished tomorrow and best part is I managed to make a direct bolt on to the old factory mounts!

Big thanks to Bryan(slow66) for lending me the injector tool, I will get it in the mail wednesday. Cut the holes so nicely on the mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.