fuel return line trouble

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
so i'm working on pulling the motor out of my buddys 7mgte swapped 86.5 and one of the fittings on the fuel return line under the car by the transmission has rounded off and we can't get the two ends apart. we got about a 1/2 turn out of it before it rounded off and now won't turn anymore. if i twist the rubber part of the hose a little gas will leak out so it is loose. this is the last thing holding us up. any suggestions on how to fix this? replacement options? thanks.

88supraproject

Nov 11, 2009
sudbury
this isnt an ideal solution but the driftmotion afpr kit comes with a stainless return line that has a fitting that slides into the stock rubber hose after that fitting your talking about and totaly bypasses it. just a thought. other than that get out some vicegrips if the head is already stripped.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Well the return line is just a hose with a clamp so i am guessing you are trying to undo the pressure line.

Try soaking it in "PB Blaster" (or another penetrating oil) and try it in the morning.

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
nope def not trying to disconnect it at the wrong place. i did it the same way while pulling my own motor and while it was tough to get apart it worked. its the connection right by the clutch slave. my idea of fixing it was to cut the rubber part of the hose and when we put the motor back in just have a metal hose connector and two clamps to put it back together. anything wrong about this idea?

the fuel line that's just a hose and clamp goes to the fuel dampner, which is the feed if i'm not mistaken. so the line i'm dealing with comes from the fuel pressure regulator which is the return.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
natedogr;1607051 said:
nope def not trying to disconnect it at the wrong place. i did it the same way while pulling my own motor and while it was tough to get apart it worked. its the connection right by the clutch slave. my idea of fixing it was to cut the rubber part of the hose and when we put the motor back in just have a metal hose connector and two clamps to put it back together. anything wrong about this idea?

the fuel line that's just a hose and clamp goes to the fuel dampner, which is the feed if i'm not mistaken. so the line i'm dealing with comes from the fuel pressure regulator which is the return.
You're mistaken....
23801p is the feed.

MF3828A.gif

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
whitemike;1607063 said:
Agreed. When I pull a 7M I find it easiest to unbolt 23849C..

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. It's also where you're told to disconnect it in the TSRM if I'm not mistaken...

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
ha well thanks for the correction guys. i printed the "49 steps to 7m removal" thread on here and thats where it said to disconnect that line. i'll definitely be taking the bolt off ya'll pointed out. thanks again!

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
I've pulled 10+ 7M-GTE's and Pulled one yesterday and ALWAYS just unbolt the softline from the flair end. the trick is to unbolt the hanger to expose both ends and use 2 line wrenches in their respective sides. No PB Blaster needed.

line_wrenches.jpg