Fuel Pressure issue

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
So I have a Walbro fuel pump and I noticed lately that every once in a while when I turn the key to the ON position I'll here what sounds to be pressure venting (Almost like a loud puff sounds). When that happens it seems to take longer to start the car back up. I have normal AFRS and I don't notice any fuel cutting out or anything... any ideas?

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
jdmfreak;1923756 said:
your fuel pump should stay off till you crank then it should continue to run with the engine

Ok so well would you think would cause the issue i'm having then? I'm at a loss as to why it sounds like pressure is being vented when I switch to ON and also why it takes longer to start then.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Propane cars run a safety switch that's RPM activated and will shut off the fuel flow if the engine dies, consider if you crash and rupture a fuel line but the IGN is still on you're pumping the contents of the tank into the crash scene... all it takes is one spark and instant crispy critter!

Only thing I can think of is the Charcoal Canister Purge fo9r the venting on start up.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
IJ.;1923805 said:
Propane cars run a safety switch that's RPM activated and will shut off the fuel flow if the engine dies, consider if you crash and rupture a fuel line but the IGN is still on you're pumping the contents of the tank into the crash scene... all it takes is one spark and instant crispy critter!

Only thing I can think of is the Charcoal Canister Purge fo9r the venting on start up.

Hmmm I mean I don't have a can in mine, I see what you mean. What if I wire in a toggle switch for the fuel pump?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Go have a look at my Datsun Z car thread... I was out of it for a long time...

You said you have no charcoal canister what else do you have or not have.. too hard to "guess" at this

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
why don't you have the charcoal canister? I've always read that you should have that.