Fuel Level Sender Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
I have a 15 gallon ATL fuel cell in my Supra. It is not feasible for me to use a factory level sender. Looking at the TSRM, the resistance range for the stock sender is 4(+-1)-110(+-7.7)ohms. ATL does not sell a sender in that range. However ATL does sell a "GM" range sender. That sender has an resistance range of 0-90ohms. Those ranges are fairly close and I do think it would operate te guage reasonably accurately. What do you guys think? I could also install a resistor inline to up the ATL sender resistance values a little.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
An alternative way to do this might be an LPG Sender assembly, they use an arm/float/Gear drive to a Magnetic coupling, on the out side of the tank is mounted a guage/sender that's available in just about every range known to man! ;)

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
IJ.;1896080 said:
An alternative way to do this might be an LPG Sender assembly, they use an arm/float/Gear drive to a Magnetic coupling, on the out side of the tank is mounted a guage/sender that's available in just about every range known to man! ;)

I love this idea.

NicMK3

Oct 8, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
Hey I'm shopping online for a recirculating bov but not sure what to go with for my 88 7mgte anyone have any recommendations for quality and first hand experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.