Fuel issue? Timing issue?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
The point behind checking the MIL before timing is to:

1) Make sure the system really is in diag mode.

2) Make sure the IDL contact is closed.

A problem with either of those will prevent the system from disabling ESA.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
jetjock;1842653 said:
the point behind checking the mil before timing is to:

1) make sure the system really is in diag mode.

2) make sure the idl contact is closed.

A problem with either of those will prevent the system from disabling esa.

esa??

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
so I drove the car in 1st gear , trying not to not boost and it made it all the way up to redline with no issues. boost leak? but ive checked all the hoses, is there a better way to check each hose for leaks?

91whitepack

May 23, 2012
slidell, louisiana
is your intercooler piping stock? i had a similar issue and it ended up being a small leak in my piping right at the turbo near the hose clamp. Of coarse i didnt figure it out until it became a big leak by the hose clamp and my car wouldnt go over 3k without hitting fuel cut and smokeing like a train. check it all over very carefully

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
blue7mgte;1836695 said:
So I have issue, when the motor is in park and I rev my motor is fine, but when I put a load on it and push past 2500ish I get what seems to be a misfire/putting feeling.

This is fairly typical of incorrect base input to the PCM. Engine timing and airflow set injection and timing. Engine coolant temp, air temp, A/C, are all corrections to the basic calculation. Look for an intake leak before worrying about the airflow meter. However, if you have a K&N or any derivative that uses oil, it will get the LED and mirror wet over time. As well as the photo coupler. That includes not over oiling the filter.

Last edited:

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
so I'm sitting at work and I'm going over everything, reviewing my motor in my head and i just remembered that there isn't a clamp on the hose that connects the BOV to the accordion hose....could that cause a boost leak type issue?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You don't need to be in positive pressure (boost) for that to be a problem. Especially if the non tight hose is loose on the fitting.