Fuel Door Inside Assembly

Hey guys/ladies,

I was wondering if any of you have pics of the assembly of the inside of the Fuel Door?

The inside of mine is missing something for sure, cuz it doesnt have anything to keep it closed,(hint)...

I am not sure if all toyota fuel door assemblies are the same...

Anyway please post some if any of you have time to do so for me...

Thanks...

Oh and yes i have done a general search at a toyota parts...No pics available they just list a name/part number and price. Since I havent a clue what each part is or looks like that list is of no use to me right now...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
there's a tab being held up by a 10 mm nut, also a flat plastic tab bent in two that acts like a spring...

nothing else in there...

as for the body, there's a 10 mm nut, with a retractable tab that goes in when you pull the fuel door lever.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
are you missing any of these parts?

the tab to my Supra's body was broken, so i got a replacement from the junkyard. Cost 75 cents. The semi-hard part is installing it, because it's so close to the power antenna, and must be done from the inside. You can do it without removing any part of the interior, but that's only if you have tiny or skinny hands, or long fingers like I do..

hard part is not dropping it because it'll be stuck in the rear 1/4 panel..

RazoE;1024921 said:
are you missing any of these parts?

the tab to my Supra's body was broken, so i got a replacement from the junkyard. Cost 75 cents. The semi-hard part is installing it, because it's so close to the power antenna, and must be done from the inside. You can do it without removing any part of the interior, but that's only if you have tiny or skinny hands, or long fingers like I do..

hard part is not dropping it because it'll be stuck in the rear 1/4 panel..

It all looks complete except for the little part that sticks out from that one bolt to keep the door shut.

A pic of what it is supposed to look like would be very helpful if anyone out there is reading this post. Thanks!!!

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
86andhalfWhiteGirl;1024937 said:
It all looks complete except for the little part that sticks out from that one bolt to keep the door shut.

A pic of what it is supposed to look like would be very helpful if anyone out there is reading this post. Thanks!!!

picture a very skinny tube of black lip stick, and that's what it looks like...