fuel cut issues

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
recently ive been having some fuel cut issues. Before installing maft and safcII, I ran 12.5 psi all day year round no problems. After install I tuned at 12.5 psi with stock maft settings. Since last week ive been hitting fuel cut at 12.5 and 11.5 psi...At 10 psi it runs fine.

I also notice that since the tune, when i have my profec A set at 12.5psi ..it likes to jump to 15psi or so and thats when i hit fuel cut. At 11 it also spikes a little to 12.5 psi...but still cuts off.

any ideas?? is it my boost controller or do you think i have a boost leak.

Car is tuned at 11.8 a/f ratio

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Anytime you modify the AFM signal either via SAFC type device or MAFT you've modified where FCO is going to hit in relation to the actual amount of boost hitting the manifold (i.e. your boost gauge). If you remove any signal then you increase the boost at which FCO hits, or vice versa.

Also the Profec A is a bit of a tricky EBC to get working properly. Changes in the turbo's boost curve can alter how it perceives boost should hit. In other words, try to retune your Profec A and see if the boost is more stable. If you suspect you have a boost leak the best two places to check are always the first hose coming off the bottom of the turbo and the 3k pipe to throttle body connector. Take both off, clean and inspect thoroughly for cracks.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
Bishop92t said:
Anytime you modify the AFM signal either via SAFC type device or MAFT you've modified where FCO is going to hit in relation to the actual amount of boost hitting the manifold (i.e. your boost gauge). If you remove any signal then you increase the boost at which FCO hits, or vice versa.

Also the Profec A is a bit of a tricky EBC to get working properly. Changes in the turbo's boost curve can alter how it perceives boost should hit. In other words, try to retune your Profec A and see if the boost is more stable. If you suspect you have a boost leak the best two places to check are always the first hose coming off the bottom of the turbo and the 3k pipe to throttle body connector. Take both off, clean and inspect thoroughly for cracks.

ill try to recalibrate the boost controller first then see what happens...from there...i let ya know