fuel cut in 2nd, 3rd and 4th....but not 5th gear?

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
recently ive been hitting fuel cut in all gears except 5th.....boost controller set at .8 bar. Wideband says that in 3rd and 4th a/f ratio is low 13. However, in 5th its right where it should be at 11.5......

any idea what could be causing this? I know this should go away when i install my 550's and fuel pump.

I run maft btw with all settings zero'd on that set to 440cc injectors

Michael90t

Mar 31, 2005
Ohio
robbo185 said:
.8 bar so whats that like....12psi?

also at .7 bar (11psi) its fine....no cut in all gears

.8 bar is 11.6psi btw which is right about stock FC anyways..

Boost leak possibility but I doubt it because we hit FC around 12 psi. and also I DO believe that load on the motor also has some influence on fuel cut and being in the lower gears puts more of a load on the motor.... if memory serves me I used to hit FC in the lower gears (especialy 2nd and 3rd) untill I tuned around it with the safc/lex afm..(loved the emanage Mmmmmmm AFM frequency clamp)

Also it will NOT got away by installing new injectors and fuelpump that has nothing to do with you hitting FC. Only way to change it is to tune around it with a piggy back and/or with a lex afm (either way essentially making your ECU see less air then its actualy getting) or paying Reg to do his magic on the ecu and changing FC to something higher..

Sorry if kinda garbled me tired....

Michael M

Edit: I see you have a MAFT setup.... Not real familiar with tuning on it but I am sure there is something you can do to help out with the extra psi or so your looking for with it.