FT-86 - Can't believe you guys aren't talking about it...

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
Wonder how long it'll be before someone is throwing a blacktop 4age into one of them just to say "it now has the CORRECT engine for a new 86". IMO it's not a horrid looking car, but you can't really see any homage being paid to the original 86.

Anyone hear what the curb weight is?

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
In STi trim...
56cb9_subaru-sti-coupe-ha-620op.jpg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Poodles;1428269 said:
Sad it looks better than the current STi :rofl:

I 100% agree. It may work out great for both company's this little project merger, lets face it Toyota hasn't given us much in the field of sports and performance for a while now and Subaru hasn't come up with anything that makes me go weak at the knees design wise. Lets hope they continue with this idea and progress to more even more exciting models.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
This car has SEX written all over IT... I think this car was probably designed as a sex furniture... Look how low the hood sits, is perfect for certain sexual positions! Also look at the roof line, its even concaved to lay your partner in the middle!

Take a look at he inside! The shifter boot looks like a vagina and knob looks like an oversized clit!

At a simple voice command, boobs will fall out of the zippers and hand will come out of the seat and deluge you with pleasure!

But then what is a Sex goddess with no other abilities?

I think this sex toy will come with no less than 206hp and no more than 220HP. Being that is RWD, is not gonna be as light as shoe... but it could be as light as boot! I'm estimating 2678 curb weight at the bare minimum.

AND, with the boxer engine sitting low, this thing is gonna corner so fast that blinkers will be optional...

Prices will start at $20,670.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I'm really p#$$*d off about all the negativity arising from many so called Toyota fans about this new project.
People are hanging crap on Toyota for actually giving us something new to use as a platform for future modding, that doesn't look like it should be driven by a Grandmother, and yet they are looking for ways to hate it.:: rant3 ::
It has so much potential and people don't seem to see it.
I also hear a lot of negative talk about using a Subaru engine, sure i understand it's not Toyota but if they keep it reasonably light it will perform and reliability won't be an issue.
I personally have owned 3 Subaru's and currently own a Forester for my family car, reason being reliability and economy.
My first Subaru i bought off a farmer for a work car it had done 0ver 400,000 klm's and still ran great, didn't blow smoke and used very little oil.
My wife's has now just done over 127,000klms and has only had the clutch replaced.
My other liberty did 275,000klms and only had to have the thermostat replaced and c.v shafts in the front.
All of the above cars used under 10 litres per 100klms fuel economy and the liberty with the ej22 engine hit 190kph down a straight near my house (non turbo)
My rant is long and nearly over (thank god you say)lol.
My reason for this was to point out that a Subie engine isn't the end of the world and once you own one like i have you will definitely change your mind about them, and see this new project has many new exciting possibility's and new directions for us to spend our money on.
Phew, got that off my chest.!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I think it's cool as hell. I'd like to see it sell well!

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Does it come in a targa? :)

So far, I think this is one of the few new cars out there that has pulled me in. I think if this car came out with a targa and a turbo, I would purchase one. For me thats saying something, check my sig, "Stuck in the 80's", hehehe. :)

Yea, I could see the first thing going away from the concept would be the zippers, but ehh, something different for a different time. For me, as long as the engine make you smile when you gun it, its fine. But I do think a turbo should go onto this new car.

I recently test drove a couple of new Mazdas, one a big heavy turbo charged crossover, had decent pickup, and the second a smaller lighter NA car, the NA had no ass to it compared to the larger crossover. Both had a similar sized engine, but the turbo did make a world of difference in the smaller engine.

What ever Toyota chooses to do, I hope its in the interests of enthusiasts.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
^ do one in panda trim with Watanabe rims

be sure to put a Fujiwara tofu sticker on the side along with yellow fogs

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
OneJArpus;1430991 said:
looks good an at 20K UK Lb's your looking at 30's to 40's

Are you serious? You are doing a direct currency conversion? :3d_frown: Currencies cannot be directly converted for different markets. If the car will cost about £20K, does not translate to $30K+ US.

Frankenstien;1435962 said:
I personally don't care if it comes with a boxer engine. That's what engine swaps are for :icon_bigg

This will be a Yamaha tuned! boxer engine. Just think about this engine sitting super low in the engine bay and sitting behind the strut towers!!! I'm guessing CoG at less than 20"!!!!! Superb!

Chambers;1436001 said:
Does it come in a targa? :)

So far, I think this is one of the few new cars out there that has pulled me in. I think if this car came out with a targa and a turbo, I would purchase one. For me thats saying something, check my sig, "Stuck in the 80's", hehehe. :)

Yea, I could see the first thing going away from the concept would be the zippers, but ehh, something different for a different time. For me, as long as the engine make you smile when you gun it, its fine. But I do think a turbo should go onto this new car.

I recently test drove a couple of new Mazdas, one a big heavy turbo charged crossover, had decent pickup, and the second a smaller lighter NA car, the NA had no ass to it compared to the larger crossover. Both had a similar sized engine, but the turbo did make a world of difference in the smaller engine.

What ever Toyota chooses to do, I hope its in the interests of enthusiasts.

Forget the targa, forget the turbo...Just HOPE that Toyota trickles down some of the new learned LFA technology on this car!