Front license plate question

hi in the state of wisconsin and im sure other states, your car needs to have a front license plate on the front bumper, but i have mine inside of the car at the windshield. i would put it on the front bumper but there isnt holes were i can screw it in and i dont want to make the front bumper look bad. is there a way to put the license plate on the front bumper without having to make holes?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
ziptie it to the lower grill is about the only way, or find a diff bumer that takes a front plate. though windsheild should be fine, as i dont think they can make you add one, as you got nothing but styrofoam to attach one to.

Crashoveride

Slurbooo
Aug 18, 2009
Merced,CA
no holes...what kind of bumper do you have?
i used to have it on my windshield. but of course i got pulled over and cited (california)

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
i got hassled like 2 days after i got insurance for no front plate, it was on the passenger windshield...after i did my own license plate mount using flash steps (home depot) and its been holding since

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I have one of these..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lice...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a6037343

I paid alot less though, maybe like $7..

the paint fades after a few months, so hit it up with some black or whatever color you'd like..

The reason I got mine was because I have a JDM bumper and the bolt-holes do not match USDM license plates, and I got an S2 style airguide, so I didn't want to block anything, so I moved it to the driver's side. I'll try to throw up a pic soon.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I used to just run it in the windshield, but the cops around here have few better things to do, and eventually told me that next time I'd be getting a ticket. Few zipties later, problem solved. Bumper cover from Shine is NOT going to be having holes in it, and I'm not gonna be blocking any airflow if I can help it, so I might figure something else out.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Here we go. Excuse the sleepy eyes I was working on wiring under the headlight (hands are skinny enough to fit without removing much)

plate1.jpg

plate2q.jpg

It isn't the prettiest but I don't have to block my fogs, oil cooler (since relocated), IC or radiator.