From laid off to NEW JOB!!

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Evening fellas,

So I got laid off last week as a direct result of our crumey economy.my old job was at an independant repair shop. It was a mom and pop place. Awesome to work at, with great co workers. Well I was the newest guy(much better tech than some of my seniors)...so when we started to slow down I was shown the door.

I quickly went into job hunt mode, I scheduled an interveiw for today about a week ago. So I was gettin kinda worried becasue it seemed like noone local was hiring. So I went to my interveiw today with some high hopes......

Ill cut to the chase.....I got the job....I am now a part of the Pruven Performance family!!!!! I've been friends with these guys for years and I finally get to work in the automotive aftermarket field, I will update this when I have a better idea of what they want to use me for.....and of corase ill do whatever to make this oppertunity for me benefit the supra community!!

Edit: pruven performance is an import and domestic aftermarket performance shop. They have had several magazine cars...a 900 horse evo, and a couple sort compact car ultimate street car challenge cars.

Last edited:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
See you up there on Saturday. I want to check out the shop, one of the shops I haven't seen yet (along with the new location of The Shop). Maybe I can get a job up there after I graduate.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
SC....I probably "worked" more hours at getting a new job than I did at the old job. But you are right I consider this a huge blessing. Especially since finacally I was not prepared for not having income.

Mike...I haven't even gotten to tour the shop yet!! I have seen some of the goodies...the dyno, welder (tig included obviously) and a beutifil pipe bender....time to make my FFIM, and redo my intercooler piping!!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
tbcmorris;1251637 said:
SC....I probably "worked" more hours at getting a new job than I did at the old job. But you are right I consider this a huge blessing. Especially since finacally I was not prepared for not having income.

Mike...I haven't even gotten to tour the shop yet!! I have seen some of the goodies...the dyno, welder (tig included obviously) and a beutifil pipe bender....time to make my FFIM, and redo my intercooler piping!!

Need a guinea pig for any 1jz parts? Ill put my white bitch up to the task of testing out say... hardpipes and a dual 2.5" exhaust.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Congrats on the new J.O.B.! I once was laid off in the same situation. I got recruited (quit a good job to go there too) to a job, where the entire crew was 50+ with many about to retire. As soon as jobs on the schedule dropped, they let me and the other youngest guy (age and time on job) go. The other guy got hired back, but I had found my current job by the time the called me. Now I surf the web for a living just about. Sometimes things work out for the best. Good luck!

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
i promised an update after my first day, well my first day was amazing and i really think i will enjoy working here. here is some pics of the shop and some cars there and some of the jobs i did for day 1.

p1256141_1.jpg

p1256141_2.jpg

p1256141_3.jpg

p1256141_4.jpg

p1256141_5.jpg

p1256141_6.jpg

p1256141_7.jpg

p1256141_8.jpg

p1256141_8.jpg

p1256141_10.jpg

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
thanks

i start fabbing up my new intercooler piping this week!! im gonna mess up some of the 3in aluminum pipe figuring out how to tig weld (im very good at mig this will be a first on the tig)

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
So far works been great...dyno'd a GTR yesterday and some other cool things have come in the door.

They started me on an NA-T conversion on a 2jzge lexas is300. Running a .68 trim garrert turbo. I finished that yesterday. Monday...I work on an MK4 :)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Sometime soon, you may be working on a MKIII, if I can get some cash together. Then off to steal some dyno time on a random sunday and see what I can do with this thing.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
I'd rather do your wrench turnin at my house and the dyno obviuosly at work...how long do you think your gonna need...its a minum of an hour...if your gonna be about a half you can split the time with my brother in law

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Might just do the whole hour, I want to make sure that I am doing drivability and max power. If your brother in law wants to make a couple of pulls, I dont think I will take the whole hour.