From a 87 n/a into A BEAST buildup

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Looks good man :bigthumb:

I remember turning my n/a into a beast.It took me a full week to get the balls to floor it in my car once i had my gte in.It was serious business, your gonna love it.

Since you believe your turbo is blown, i dont know what your budget is, but i would suggest just getting a real turbo to fit that stock manifold. A T04E 56/57 trim will compliment your upcoming mods nicely :)

Good luck with the build :)

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Fuzz420;1216582 said:
Since you believe your turbo is blown, i dont know what your budget is, but i would suggest just getting a real turbo to fit that stock manifold. A T04E 56/57 trim will compliment your upcoming mods nicely

tbcmorris;1216591 said:
nice work. i agree with going down the upgrade path with turbo replacement

yea I'm doing more research for turbos that bolt on the stock manifold as an upgrade for right now, was going to do just a 57 trim ct26 to remain sleeper status but will see. I do have a master power t70 :evil2: :evil2: but thats going on another motor that will eventually end up in this car later on down the rd

SC Rydah

Sep 20, 2008
New Jersey
Yeah G/L with the buildup. I got a N/A Targa too. It's a 90. No pics yet, but mine has some dents also But it's running, it rides nice, and it's bone stock with the undertray too! (But it's held up in the front with zipties LOL!!) I got a list of upgrades and things in order, but money is tight right now so it'll be a long time coming. Just got my 4300K's put in too. I was thinking about going 7MGTE, But if I can get my hands on a 2J or at least a 1J, it's a no brainer. I'll be following your build and asking questions for my build so keep up the good work.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
SC Rydah;1217629 said:
Yeah G/L with the buildup. I got a N/A Targa too. It's a 90. No pics yet, but mine has some dents also But it's running, it rides nice, and it's bone stock with the undertray too! (But it's held up in the front with zipties LOL!!) I got a list of upgrades and things in order, but money is tight right now so it'll be a long time coming. Just got my 4300K's put in too. I was thinking about going 7MGTE, But if I can get my hands on a 2J or at least a 1J, it's a no brainer. I'll be following your build and asking questions for my build so keep up the good work.

sounds good. If you plan on getting a used 7mgte get one from jdm enginedepot in kearny nj. thats where i got mines from and i have no complaints except for the dented oil pan which is normal on jdm motors during shipping.

But my next car will def be an SC lol all my boys sold there supras and boosting sc's now

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
weather has been so crazy havent been really to get that much progress done so its still on the ramps for now. but here are some more pics and some new goodies,

still waiting on my downpipe from 935 motorsports, been like 3-4 weeks delay, waiting on my ton of parts i orderd from horsepowerfreaks.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

3guage pillar for the mk3

sm_photo_missing.jpg

hks turbo timer
sm_photo_missing.jpg

greddy profec a boost controller,, ( which is 4 sale)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
update i sold the turbo timer and greddy ebc headunit, i bought a hallman manual boost controller, autometer electric oil pressure guage, autometer tubing for the boost guage, new throttle body gasket, adapter from 1/8 npt to 1/8 bpst for the oil pressure sender to go into the block, recieved my 3" inlet muffler and my ddp comes tuesday.

also fixed my brakes issue and oil leak on the oil pan, car is rd worthy and wensday it will be on the rd.

Only issues is the clucth pedal seems to be a lil soft and im using an act heavy duty pressure plate, its feels like stock, Ill try re bleeding the system again and maybe changing the master and the slave.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok well heres the update, be4 i dropped the motor in the car, while it was on the stand i decided to do a retorque of the stock headgasket and headbolts. I very strongly believe that i pinch the headgasket when doing this.

Evidence 1:
I put fresh green peak coolant in, i had to drian the coolant to install another rad and it went from green to green brown, looking like oil in is it. At first i thought it was just the motor is a jdm motor and need flushing but idk.

Evidence 2:
When you first start the car with the radiator cap off, Its just a steady stream of bubbles flowing out of the radiator. And after a while it starts to create a little bit of foaming at the top, Brown milky looking foam.

Now i check the oil, the oil is low, but it seems to be no mixing with the oil shown on the dip stick, and no combustion gases came up in the block test. I will drain and check the oil. and since i already have a new stock headgasket and arp bolts might as well change it anyway lol.

I just hope that this came from me retorquing the headgasket and wasnt already like this. car has never been on the rd just idling in the backyard a few revs to check thats its no knocking lol.

I will drian the oil and coolant completly be4 chaing the headgasket, and flush the motor will one or two early oil changes to get rid of that last little bit of coolant in the oil, if there is any.

Start pulling the head off 2moro and will take pics.

Fuckin 7m lol

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok decided to pull the motor back out to change the headgasket since i wanted to change the oil pressure sender too and now i can pull the motor and tranny out in like 20 mins lol.

fresh new stock headgasket with 3-4 coats of copperspray on it
arp bolts with arp moly lube trq down to 80ft lbs (will retorq at 250 miles of driving no boost)
fresh oil oil filter and coolant and an early oil and coolant change to get all the dirt and debri out after a day of driving.

Now its seems to be an issue with my idle speed control valve,
With the throttle body fully closed it idles at 3,000 rpm so i have a replacement coming in from tubbie.

interior is partially all back 2gether, just have to run the wiring for my guages and push button starter and once idling right then set timing and get my exhaust welded up.

Also I've decided to stay 7m. For 2 reason.
I have a spare 7mgte that spun bearing that i can began a rebuild on

and I'm about to purchase a sportbike this summer. And i cannot fund a sportbike, the insurance for it and a 1j or 2j swap.

But i figure since i do have a 7m its always good to have a backup one just in case lol.
The spare motor will be built to handle 500 hp reliabilty. Thats the plan.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
heres an update
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89423

once my idle issue is fixed then off to the exhaust shop 2 finish my exhaust then get my 150 miles in on the new headgasket retrq and have some fun.

if the next iscv i get does not work then im bypassing the whole system all 2gether, and yes ill be doing this on the stock ecu 4 now. Ill plan to either get a 87 throttle body and just back the idle screw out, Adjust the throttle linkage so that the throttle is slightly cracked open when off the gas, or a trick i found from another member drill a 3/16th hole into the throttle body blade. Im looking at option 1 for the easiest way out.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok i said fuck it and bypass the whole iscv. so it idles steady at 900 I caped off the accordian hose and the iscv and backed the idle screw on my 87 throttle body a few turns and it idles nice.
What i lost in doing this is when cold the car runs crazy rich do to the "fast idle" not being there. so it idles crappy until warm then its just fine.

I drove the car around the block for the 1rst time open downpipe.

Now i know I'm not suppose to build boost for the 1rst 100 or so miles on a new headgasket but aww man, i just gave it a small blip of the throttle and when the wastegate opens it sounds so beautifull lol.

I plan on getting my exhaust done this friday then hopefully if everything else is ok i can began putting some miles on her.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
took her on the rd today for the 1rst time, put 30 miles on her so far and drove her to get the exhaust put on. 3" piping from the divorced downpipe back to the muffler and the muffler is an obx greddy sp1 ebay look alike but it sounds good and is way quiter than the n1's.
so far so good, just minor wiring and issue to finish.

I have no idea how much im boosting and im not even suppose to be boosting since its a new headgasket so i try not to as much as i can but man this divorced downpipe sounds so good when the wastegate opens But i will try my hardest to lay off the boost.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
200 miles so far so good, I have an issue with my gauge fuse continue to blow.

Something is shorting it out and i believe i isolated it to the power window motors or switch.

also i now have no tems the lights dont even come on the dash so i will trouble shoot that on wensday, its stays in soft.

After i finish mounting my guages and pay off some tuition bills, then its time for the 1rst set of upgrades.

Intercooler hard pipes, for the stock intercooler and hks ssq to compliment my ddp and 3" exhaust. I plan on keeping the stock intercooler for right now to maintain the sleeper non turbo look.

Then I will hook up my hallman boost controller (already purchased), wideband afr, lexus afm (already purchased) and afc, walbro fuel pump, aeromotive afpr in that order.

and then a 57 trim, I'm sure then ill be pushing the limits of the w58.

Aww man this is car is gonna trully be a money pit.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok i love my car, take a peak in the kills section, Im about to hook up my boost controller and bypass fuel cut with the stock afm and just leave it at 12 lbs for now, or maybe 14 lol idk yet, im still on stock intercooler piping which i know sucks ass and dont wanna risk anything so i may just leave it at 12

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
updated, i already installed front strut tower brace, eibach lowering springs, and now i swapped out the stock wimpy swaybars for suspension techniques sway bar kit and i have the rear sway bar on the stiffest setting.

Also a view of my exhaust piping, full 3" from the bic 3" ddp alll way back to the obx-r greddy sp1 knockoff muffler.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

new front one installed, installed the rear two but batt on the camera died, also dont mind the wiring, fog light mod and just testing it out, its all cleaned up now.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

nice and smooth, no cats, no resonators, pure power
sm_photo_missing.jpg

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
so far ive had nothing but boost leaks after boost leaks, and couplers tearing and spliting. So ive just been replacing couplers, until my ebay universal 2.5 or 2.75" piping comes, im still undecided which one to go with right now, i think 2.75" is good enough tho.