From a 87 n/a into A BEAST buildup

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
queenskid926;1472516 said:
werd 2010 is gonna be fun, man just start building up ur 7m man, get a bolt on turbo, i.e im selling one and ull run 12's all day long.

i was thinking about it, i wouldnt build my car id have to get a perfect canidate or i might cop a cressy

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Boosted516;1485933 said:
i was thinking about it, i wouldnt build my car id have to get a perfect canidate or i might cop a cressy

turn your car into the perfect candiate, just do intercooler piping exhaustand boost controller for now, that satisfied me for a little bit, but again we always gonna end up wanting more and more

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
got her back to life, Again i pulled the motor out to change the turbo and tranny.

My current complete drivetrain only setup

Stock rebuilt 7mgte, (Head and block was decked, but still on stock size hg, slightly higher compression than stock, new bearings, new rings, new gaskets, thats it)
Stock hg, Arp studs
57trim ct26
Driftmoution ct26 soft line kit.
Lexus Afm
S-afc
Aem wideband
Hallman Manual Boost Controller
3" Bic Divorced Downpipe
Full 3" exhaust no cats or resonators
2.5" Intercooler hardpipes with hks ssqv, still on stock intercooler.
R154, stock flywheel, Action PP, Stock clutch Disk.

Still have some more minor stuff to do before i can take her around the block back under her own power, like change the oil, trq down the motor mounts, wire up reverse and the afc again, and finish installing the shifter.

I should be driven her in the next couple of hrs to make sure that this r154 tranny is good.

Then tomorow its time for some street pulls to adjust the fuel ratio with the s-afc.

When the weather gets a little bit warmer, i will install the walbro because i kno the factory pump is gonna take a crap on me soon.

Also next on my list is aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, then a set of 550's. Then its time to make it look pretty again. Power wise this should tie me over while i start building up a next block, with a mhg, and forged pistons.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
car pulls amazing at only 8-10lbs with the 57 trim. But its running really lean up top with the lexus afm, Was looking high 12's low 13;s on the two pulls i did. Going to install one heat range colder plugs tomorow and finish wiring up the afc and add more fuel

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
queenskid926;1486018 said:
turn your car into the perfect candiate, just do intercooler piping exhaustand boost controller for now, that satisfied me for a little bit, but again we always gonna end up wanting more and more

i already got exhaust and boost controller, i just want a targa son

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
queenskid926;1490148 said:
car pulls amazing at only 8-10lbs with the 57 trim. But its running really lean up top with the lexus afm, Was looking high 12's low 13;s on the two pulls i did. Going to install one heat range colder plugs tomorow and finish wiring up the afc and add more fuel

good shit man, u should dyno ur car

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Boosted516;1490162 said:
i already got exhaust and boost controller, i just want a targa son

did u have one and sold it? smh shoulda keept it, I got rid of my hardtop only to get a targa. Like with the top off cruising in the summer, its just the best feeling in the world. And doing that and boosting , running through the gears on the highway, makes it even better lol

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
She is on the rd. The r154 is definitely not as smooth as the w58 gearbox but ill rather give up some smoothness for the power handling capability of it.

on a side not i cannot fully drive the car. With the lexus afm and everything else stock it runs way to lean across the board even at idle. And with the stock afm even modified and drilled out, it hits full cut in 3rd gear, sometimes second if it gets traction. Tried compensating for the lexus afm using only the s-afc but its not working out so the stock afm is on just so i can drive it and im looking at getting an afpr for the next upgrade.

Now im slowlying focusing my efforts back to restoration of the body and interior. Im pretty much at the power goals and levels where i want to be at for right now for the summer. Time to make her look pretty again.

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
queenskid926;1490169 said:
did u have one and sold it? smh shoulda keept it, I got rid of my hardtop only to get a targa. Like with the top off cruising in the summer, its just the best feeling in the world. And doing that and boosting , running through the gears on the highway, makes it even better lol

lol i know man, my first one was targa

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
I, put a few miles on here today, Have a clicking noise coming when whenever i press on the clutch. Maybe I didn't lube something up rite when I installed the clutch fork or throwout bearing. O well its not affecting anything beside being annoying.

Also I'm currently having a boosting issue. Car would constantly boost past 14lbs and hit fuel cut on the stock turbo. So i took off the boost controller and still it would reach past 14lbs. Just a 57trimct26 with bicddp. My old stock turbo had no issues with boost creep so im thinking that its a faulty or clogged wastegate thats not opening all the way. Next on my list is to swap wastegate from my old stock ct26 to this one to see if it fixes the issue. I sure hope it does.

When i go into boost you can hear the wastegate open as normal, (Since i have the ddp vented to atmosphere you can really here it lol) but as the rpms continue to go up so does the boost till it hits around 14-15lbs and hits fuel cut.(stock drilled out afm)

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
wassup forums, Got the deal of a lifetime on a new project, 95 lexus sc300 na-t that needs some minor work and redo a few things but the price was right. So EVERYTHING and i do mean EVERYTHING from this build is for sale. Car will be completely parted out. It will be posted in the for sale section soon. Yo can always pm me as well, Thanks guys