From a 87 n/a into A BEAST buildup

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Idealsupra;1178722 said:
Ebay makes it. And no you cant. ;)

Honestly i do feel a difference in cornering with the front and rear braces installed. Not saying that it enhances the cornering limits but it boxes in the suspension and makes things nice and tight and feels alot more stable and the car is more comfortable approaching those limits.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
doing some basic maintance winter prep on the car, all i need is for it last me until the spring so the motor can come out, i hate doing wrench wok when its freezing outside and the snow is on the ground.

How ever i did order some led bulbs for the dash and interior and climate control and will post pics of the results after.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Today i finish stripping more parts off th red car, replaced the blown rear speakers with some pioneers, (temporarily) removed the 87 rear wing,. and ordered some h4 housing headlights for my hid kit that im buying this week,

Im still contemplating on 6k or 8k, but a friend of mines just installed 8k into his mkiii and is stopping by 2moro so i can have a look.

Also i noticed that when it rains, water is definitely finding its way inside the hatch via the tailights and weatherstripping so i orderd new weatherstripping for the hatch from the dealer and will create my own taillight gaskets to repair the leaks.

i cant wait for my hids tho.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
some packages started rolling in today, mainly most of my led bulbs for the interior

i definitely ordered the wrong bulbs for the dome, i guess i need 90* led bulbs for the dome lights but here are the be4 and after of the vanity lights

stock, for some reason the camera doesnt show the yellowish warm whitish the stockers have going on.

side by side

sm_photo_missing.jpg

also the 87 wing is now off, i think wingless owns pre 87 but 3piece owns wingless.

p1188419_1.jpg

p1188419_2.jpg

Last edited:

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok i was changing and organizing my photobucket so im going to edit and add all of the picture links and also an update is i just got 3grand from my school and im about to blow that shyt lol contemplating a gte swap and address some other areas on the car or a stock 1jz swap, I think that im going gte and address the headgasket issue properly and use wats left over to start piecing together the 1j swap. So stay tune for some serious updates

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok progress on the car are as follows, installed my hid kit i have 8k high and low beams for the headlights and 4k for the yellow fog lights, i did the fog light mod for the 87 and it seems that running the pass fog light off the driver side is not enought juice for the new hids and that a relay is in order, same with the high beams, so all thats left is to install a relay for the heads and fog lights

And im real close to getting rid of my red hardtop shell, just a few more parts to pull off then junk it for scrap metal,

also orderd
19" adr spartan black wheels, 8.5 32mm offset in the front and 9.5 35mm offset in the rear
act heavy duty pressure plate for the non turbo tranny, ( just plan on using act pp wth stock clutch disk for now till i get a turbo tranny)
arp head bolts for the 7m
bic divorced down pipe atmostphere vented

and for the 2j swap in the near future orderd bic 87 jz motor mounts and 2jz throttle cable and stock 1jz flywheel.

again as stated the 7m swap is just for some right now boost and the 2j will be for in the early summer,

most of my friends feel that i should just go straite 2j since im just doing the gte swap for right now but im sorry i have a few ppl to beat up on right now first lol

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
7m motor came in today, its so clean but still gotta take a peak inside and see wat its like, but i def got alot of extras paid for just the motor and got complete uncut auto harness and complete stock intercooler piping and ignitor etc,

Last edited:

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok time for an update, i decided to go ahead and retorque the stock oem headgasket just for an experiment really. to see if a retorque on a stock 7mgte really works or not. my arp bolts and new oem headgasket came in today so if it does blow im ready for a replacement. Also my oil pan gasket came in, as well as a replacement foglight so my hids are fully installed will take pics soon,

Pulled back the dented oilpan and the oil pump pickup was dented just a little bit so im going with a new oil pan,

Swapped the 87 motor mounts and brackets over and just waiting on a few more swap parts.

here are some pics

before i recieved my other fog light, 8k hid in the headlights with 4k for the fogs
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

oh yes there is no sludge, just the usual scored 7mgte camshafts
sm_photo_missing.jpg

new climate control installed thanks to cre
sm_photo_missing.jpg

suspension technique front and adjustable rear swaybars that are going in,
sm_photo_missing.jpg

i plan on using the stiffest rear setting to dial in some oversteer to make up for having a flexible targa chassis and to correct the understeer that ppl have when running with a staggered tire fitent, since my new rims will be 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the back

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
on order is usdm throttle body linkage, usdm throttle cable and connection, accordian hose since the one on the motor is cracked, and waiting my boy to bring by his 7m oil pan and chopped up harness cause im missing 2 connectors on my 87 spd harness that i need.
now its time to pick which bov, hks, tiall turbo xs rfl, so many decisions

also this motor should be going in around christmass, depending on when my parts come, hopefully they come this week or early next week and then ill may even pull the motor out be4 christas

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
suprahooked;1205982 said:
Dont use a cork oil pan gasket, use rtv.

i thought that the oil pan gasket wouldve been better since its designed for it?

only saying because i had a friend with a bad exsperience with the make your gasket thing he made his own waterpump gaket from rtv and basiccaly a piece flew off and got trapped in the cooling passages in his head and and thats all that motor wrote.

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Toyotas oil pan wasn't designed for a cork style gasket. It actually had a liquid RTV type sealant from the factory. Eventually a cork gasket will leak.

Mo

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Slowly but surely. It's get painted as we speak. I went to check on it today and the Hood, Fenders, and Front Bumper are all primered and ready for paint. I can't wait to see it done.

Once that's done, I've gotta finish routing my oil system and it's off to the dyno.

Mo

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
queenskid926;1206053 said:
what color did you decided to go with?

Bluish Gray Metallic, Toyota 182. I went with the stock color, but had a tad more black mixed in so it may turn out being more of a dark charcoal gray. Should look pretty sharp

Mo

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
time for some major updates and pics

n/a was sold locally so now it comes out
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1216570_1.jpg

p1216570_2.jpg

p1216570_3.jpg

now she is all in and hooked up, and starts and idle, still need to get an intercooler, tighten some clamps and fix some leaks , bleed clutch, install a fan and fan shroud, swap throttle cables, hook up some more vacuum lines, install hks ssq bov and piping, throttle body linkage and install my divorced downpipe. I know can see that this turbo is blown and dumping nothing but oil so now i have an excuse for an upgrade.