FPR goes in this weekend, how much pressure??

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
My buddy and I will be installing my Aeromotive FPR this weekend. How much pressure should we set her at to begin with? I am mechanically challenged so any help or input appreciated. My mod list is below. Right now I have a bad exhaust manifold leak that is going to be delt with this trip to the shop as well. I have been able to boost 1.2-1.3 bars before and sometimes slightly higher.
Next mod is the safc-II and then off to the dyno.

Dan

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Just set it to stock specs until you need to modify it (on the dyno i assume). IIRC its between 32 and 40psi. You probably want to set it to a tad under stock if your running the 550s though.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i'm not saying that you should EVER use someone else's numbers on your own car, as every motor operates differently. however, on 550cc injectors, and a lex AFM/ maft unit, you should be running the BASE fuel pressure lower than the stock setting. i'm not going to give you a number, but think of how rich we run stock, and how much MORE rich we run with a lex/maft + 550's.

you need to experiment with a wideband and figure this out for yourself.

for reference: stock BASE fuel pressure is 40psi. base fuel pressure means that the vacuum line is DETACHED. (not pinched, actually removed and capped so the AFPR can get a reading from the atmosphere)

when the vacuum line is replaced, you're looking at a drop in fuel pressure by about 10psi on a healthy motor. (30psi w/ vacuum)

now, simply for reference sake- do not use these numbers. experiment for yourself:

my base fuel pressure with the mods listed in my profile is set at 32psi, and drops to about 22psi at idle with the vacuum line attached, and i'm still running rich throughout the powerband in every gear.

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i'm not exactly sure. i use RC's. i suppose we could call RC engineering and find out, right? i'm sure they'd know.

-shaeff