Forcedtorque vs Cobra

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Ya he beat me, but again, I have no 3rd gear. He took my slow ass off the line, and maintained the lead to the end. Help me get my 60ft down. i know I shouldn't be racing with that screwed tranny, but it happened on the way to the track Friday. I ran once, and couldn't get 3rd, so I ran once more and did 1-2-4, then shut it down for the night. My question is, will changing the fluid help my tranny, or is it toast. It grinds trying to put it in 3rd. It was going in, but kicking it out sometimes if I let go of it when I released the clutch. Now, it won't even go into 3rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr2jkx6r3yk

b005t3d

Banned
Jul 14, 2005
bellevue,nashville, tn
tear that other tranny apart and rebuild while it only costs you 50 bucks. dont wait till later when you get your ass stomped by a pos mustang cuz your tranny f-ed itself. haha.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I thought that Mustang would've walked you, but you hung with him well... That stang just sounded and looked mean as hell... Congrats to you!

Where were you racing? What was your time?

Oh, and talk to Jon at MDC motorsports about a tranny rebuild kit... Go to my build thread, I just posted pics of it yesterday... It's AWEOME! For the money, you cant touch it! Check it out...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Tranny is swapped and stage 3 is in place! My flywheel would not fit, so I let them go back with the stock one. I'll have it machined, and use it in my other car. I know I should of done it myself, but Dayum it's hot. Got a good deal, and more confident in it since I didn't do it

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Just got in from the track. The new clutch and different transmission were good for 4 tenths off my fastest ever time, and 7 tenths off what I ran against the stang. He wasn't there, so no rematch, but I did hang within 3 tenths of a Lightning with intake/exhaust/ and he said " a reprogram". I'm assuming thats a reprogram of his ECU.

My time was 8.387 on our track which is 60 feet short of a true 1/8. They estimate the last 60 by your speed. My estimated 1/8 was 9.055. My trap speed was 67.27. How the hell do I get that up? 60 foot was 2.15.