For those with a 1.5JZ using GE Parts

Supranforever

7MGE-T daily driver.
Jul 2, 2006
Tennessee
Wait, I'm not finding Any info of what to use for waterneck on the Ge block with 1j head, any info on how to make it fit? As of now I have a huge gap between the 1jz waterneck pipe and the gte waterpump hole? People are saying cut and weld 1 and 2nd pipes together I'm lost? Noone has specified.

Supranforever

7MGE-T daily driver.
Jul 2, 2006
Tennessee
I would buy one, damn 1.5jz Cressida keeps surprising me hahaha. Any idea what engine mount brackets I can use on that car? I have gs300 brackets on it right now, will those work? Or must I get the aftermarket ones or flipped jzx90 or jzx81? Sorry for the questions I can't get on tc.net for some reason and jzxproject is a bunch of assholes.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yeah we are a bunch of assholes. It's important to our sense of identity lol. So wait you're working on a cressida?

GS brackets aren't even close. try xcessive manufacturing. And after you make your car cool you should try jzxp again. We're the best we just hate noobs.

Supranforever

7MGE-T daily driver.
Jul 2, 2006
Tennessee
The car is decently cool and I thought I'd have to buy the excessive man. Mounts. I looked around on there and everyone was a prick. The car is a 89 Toyota Cressida, serial nine coilovers, serial nine RCA's, custom sway links and such, welded diff, rays engineering cerumo c5s rims, defi gauges and megasquirt v3, soon to have the 1.5jz with borgwarner s366, ffim, 2.75" ic pipes dual blitz dd bov's and Hks intercooler, full 3" exhaust with Hks muffler, list goes on and on, blah blah blah. So it's not a crappy car, plenty of high end parts. They just basically told me it was a piece of shit cause i had a built 7mgte in it at that point. Whatever, it's just hard to find info on it.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Supranforever;1649985 said:
They just basically told me it was a piece of shit cause i had a built 7mgte in it at that point. Whatever, it's just hard to find info on it.
Cressida people just hate 7m it's nothing personal. To them a 7m is a piece of shit regardless of how built it is. But you should come back its a good forum.

eyesoarer6

Oct 29, 2010
Westside
OneJArpus;1633810 said:
TT oil pump MUST be used as it has the provisions for the crank position sensor. You can use the 1JZ Pump with no issues as they are the same.
OneJArpus;1633939 said:
Also, you need the take the timing gear behind the crank pulley as it has the correct teeth needed for th crank position sensor to work properly. Make sure you use a puller if not you will damage it and need to purchase a new one from the dealer. IIRC 25-70 bux new but save yourself the cash and remove it properly!

Just to be clear, if Im using a 97 GE BLOCK that has the CAS I wont be needing a GTE oil pump and would I be OK with the Crank timing gear sprocket from the GE thats behind the crank pulley? Or will it be best to use all GTE parts?

Im going to be runnning stock twins until I have enuff money to go single. This is going to be my first build and boosted car so Im new to the BOOSTworld.

Im going to be using the GE block, where can I run the line that goes out of the oil filter housing? I see that theres 2 lines going out, 1 to the turbos(not sure if its the feed or return) and the other goes to the GTE block which the GE doesnt have. Looks to be a coolant line, is that the oil cooler?

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
okay so like I was saying the obd2 ge has a weird crank trigger with extra missing teeth at an odd angle. Use the older TT crank gear for 12-0 and the cam sensor for return trigger.

Didn't we already cover this?

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
aphxero;1657316 said:
okay so like I was saying the obd2 ge has a weird crank trigger with extra missing teeth at an odd angle. Use the older TT crank gear for 12-0 and the cam sensor for return trigger.

Didn't we already cover this?

Correct, the GE timing gear is different.

79235G78L.gif

If you cannot find a good used 1jz/2jzgte timing gear, toyota has them for $87 or so. I called and the guy gave me a bogus part number so I checked around myself and found this part number for the gear with the GTE timing teeth - 13052-46010

You can even get it just by typing the p/n into google. Found a few sites that stock them for the same price.

I've been doing so much research/reading/printing that I've almost got a bible compiled for the 1jz -> MA70 setup. lol My build thread is going to be epic once I write everything up with p/n's and all (or so I want to do). Ebay has a good seller for GXL auto grade wire, around 1000 feet for $130 or so shipped, so I think I'll be doing my own harness for the hell of it.

afracer

Sep 1, 2007
Abilene, TX
I finally recently finished and got my 1.5JZ build tuned in the last few weeks using a GE bottom end (kinda). It's a built GE bottom end using JE forged pistons for a GTE. I used the stock 1JZ Toyota MHG with a resurfaced head, so I have no idea what the compression ratio actually is, but I'd guess probably somewhere around 9:1 judging by what other people have calculated around the net. One of the first things the tuner asked me after he started playing with it was "does this thing have high compression or something?" I don't remember what prompted him to ask, but somehow he was able to tell it was a little more than every other 2JZ-GTE he tunes (and they do a lot), maybe it was the compression test we did but I don't remember it being abnormally high or anything. The way it (awesomely) drives off boost and how quickly it builds boost (5 psi by 2600 rpm) compared to what it used to with the 1JZ somewhat leads me to believe it is a little on the higher side, but hard to tell if its the extra displacement that's done that or not. I honestly would rather it be higher anyway, I'm running E85 and apparently that stuff loves higher compression, you don't HAVE to run 8.5:1 to be able to run higher boost either...take advantage of that higher compression if/when you can!

Anyways, I didn't see it mentioned, but the 2JZ-GE block I'm using has one more knock sensor on the intake side that my old 1JZ and JZX81 harness didn't have. I suppose maybe I'll wire up my PLX wideband to the one not being used, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
afracer;1693020 said:
I finally recently finished and got my 1.5JZ build tuned in the last few weeks using a GE bottom end (kinda). It's a built GE bottom end using JE forged pistons for a GTE. I used the stock 1JZ Toyota MHG with a resurfaced head, so I have no idea what the compression ratio actually is, but I'd guess probably somewhere around 9:1 judging by what other people have calculated around the net. One of the first things the tuner asked me after he started playing with it was "does this thing have high compression or something?" I don't remember what prompted him to ask, but somehow he was able to tell it was a little more than every other 2JZ-GTE he tunes (and they do a lot), maybe it was the compression test we did but I don't remember it being abnormally high or anything. The way it (awesomely) drives off boost and how quickly it builds boost (5 psi by 2600 rpm) compared to what it used to with the 1JZ somewhat leads me to believe it is a little on the higher side, but hard to tell if its the extra displacement that's done that or not. I honestly would rather it be higher anyway, I'm running E85 and apparently that stuff loves higher compression, you don't HAVE to run 8.5:1 to be able to run higher boost either...take advantage of that higher compression if/when you can!

Anyways, I didn't see it mentioned, but the 2JZ-GE block I'm using has one more knock sensor on the intake side that my old 1JZ and JZX81 harness didn't have. I suppose maybe I'll wire up my PLX wideband to the one not being used, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Good info sir! Which pistons did you use? The stock 2jzge block has higher compression due to the thinner mhg and the pistons. Its 10:1 stock, so you probably came in a little less (or maybe more due to the machining) with ge pistons and the thicker 1.3mm 1jz gasket. Higher compression is great, but with lower octane its easier for predetonation to occur.. BUT you are using e85 and tuning it so enjoy! He could probably tell because of off boost power numbers and less knock tolerance while tuning vs lower compression gte's (should be much better tolerance than 87-93 octane though). higher compression will act differently.

I am using GTE stock pistons, stock rods w/ arp bolts, and a stock 1jz mhg (still deciding, need to CC my chambers and pistons). I want around 9-9.5:1 for that off boost kick and don't mind lowering boost to stay out of predet, it'll give just as much power.

PS - your spool is due to the 3.0 vs the 2.5, not necessarily the higher compression.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Oh yeah, the 2jz's and 7m's have two knock sensors. I think the 1jz just has one though, haven't looked into it. Ill repost if I find it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk